Who was your gateway band?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Cromlech

Re: Who was your gateway band?

Post by Cromlech »

Jakey LIAF wrote:
Cromlech wrote: Screamo- Either Dance Gavin Dance or Boys Night Out. (this is the very first exposure for me. For good screamo it was Orchid's Chaos is me)
i LOVED boys night out's early shit...this was post "skram entrance" too. and "trainwreck" is one of my top five favorite records of all time.
Man I still listen to trainwreck all the fuckin time. That album is amazing in every sense of the word.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

BrownMoth wrote:The chip of the ice was daughters, then hanging out with my brother and all of his friends got me into bands. Funeral Diner is what cracked the ice for me. I listen to them often and its been years since i discovered them. Their new band ...Who Calls So Loud came to my house and played a show in my barn with my band. Cool dudes.
Are you one of the Joseph Merrick guys?

constant

Post by constant »

as a little kid i used to listen to whatever my brother listened to.. metallica, nirvana, pixies, sonic youth..

i got into punk through skate epitath fatwrech punk bands. from that to hardcore like minor threat, bad brains, gorilla biscuits, champion, american nightmare.. at the same time found out about at the drive in and fugazi, which made me explore deeper into these other post-hardcore things..

came across orchid and saetia and from that to thousands of other screamo bands..

distinctively remember realizing there were awesome euro bands through old frechmo bands like rachel and anomie

i think portraits of past must have been the band that made me look into the mid 90s sound

foreverhomesiq

Post by foreverhomesiq »

under a dying sun - hangmans ep
&
blood brothers - this adultery is ripe

gateway to skrmz

paengkee

Post by paengkee »

found indian summer on slsk. yea yea im a revivalist.

earthbound

Post by earthbound »

weird al

mulder

Post by mulder »

Michael Scott wrote:Linkin Park was the band that got me into... well, music I guess.

Welcome to the internet... if you have a shitty gateway band, pick a better one and lie. Noone will know.
there is no happy here

microscope

Post by microscope »

mulder wrote:
Michael Scott wrote:Linkin Park was the band that got me into... well, music I guess.

Welcome to the internet... if you have a shitty gateway band, pick a better one and lie. Noone will know.
maaaan when i was like 5 i met will killingsworth and he was all like "man, if u were old i'd let u be in my band, but since ur not heres our demo hand numbered out of 26, wrapped in tin foil, with a flowered glued on it". i never looked back.

mediawhore

Post by mediawhore »

Slipknot and linkin park got me into numetal, dimmu borgir got me into more extreme metal.
Then i began listening to bullet for my valentine that got me into all the mainstream bands today like bring me the horizon, escape the fate and so on.
Well the interesting part is where i see one of my friend on messenger that have a profile text that said that he loved saetia, (i tried listening to circle takes the square before but it didn't catch me back then).
So i listened to saetia for a little time and i really didnt like it to begin with, but it grew on me so my screamo eye opener is definatly venus and bacchus with saetia

mulder

Post by mulder »

So many suckers in here.
there is no happy here