GUILTY PLEASURE/S

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

marcypark

Re: GUILTY PLEASURE/S

Post by marcypark »

I will also frequently listen to hgb

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i have so many pop punk records. im not as big on pop punk as i used to be, but i used to love the wonder years, new found glory, blink-182, and occasionally i'll still play them when i'm alone. i'll also travel out of town to see the wonder years. lady gaga isn't bad. i like some metal too. bridge9 also has some bands i wish i didn't like, such as cruel hand, polar bear club, ceremony. i have a pretty bad taste in music
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i have so many pop punk records. im not as big on pop punk as i used to be, but i used to love the wonder years, new found glory, blink-182, and occasionally i'll still play them when i'm alone. i'll also travel out of town to see the wonder years. lady gaga isn't bad. i like some metal too. bridge9 also has some bands i wish i didn't like, such as cruel hand, polar bear club, ceremony. i have a pretty bad taste in music

new found glory.....i have to agree. there's something about them that sucks you into their songs. the cover album is still the best for me.

man, makes me miss high school.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Black metulz.
I couldn't stop listening yet I still couldn't take it seriously. I even have black metal shirts nao.
I am not making any sense.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

shanholtzer

Post by shanholtzer »

hjördis wrote:you shouldn't feel guilty for listening to the music you like!
every guilty pleasures thread on every board has this post

my guilty pleasure bands are unspeakably horrible

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

iKichigai wrote:Black metulz.
I couldn't stop listening yet I still couldn't take it seriously. I even have black metal shirts nao.
I am not making any sense.
Lawl I love black metal its been the one staple in my iPod since I was 14 honestly you cant take black metal to seriously if you do... well you'll end up killing yourself or being a racist. Personally I think there is no reason to be guilty about black metal it has some of the best, most heartfelt lyrics in any music genre....sometimes the musicianship isn't quite....good but its always emotional. Honestly screamo and black metal are really alike. They both sound similar and only pretentious 14-20something year olds listen to them.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Cromlech wrote: Lawl I love black metal its been the one staple in my iPod since I was 14 honestly you cant take black metal to seriously if you do... well you'll end up killing yourself or being a racist. Personally I think there is no reason to be guilty about black metal it has some of the best, most heartfelt lyrics in any music genre....sometimes the musicianship isn't quite....good but its always emotional. Honestly screamo and black metal are really alike. They both sound similar and only pretentious 14-20something year olds listen to them.
Tell me about it. Listening to too much screamo actually got me into black metal for some convoluted reasons I cannot even begin to explain. Something to do with the octaves and the uncanny similarity in the vocals (if you listen closely) I think (I'm trying to rationalize it...) But I have no shame wearing my Dark Throne or Immortal shirt (et al) though. I've always liked these bands since then. :lol:
実存は本質に先立つ。

shanholtzer

Post by shanholtzer »

Cromlech wrote:black metal it has some of the best, most heartfelt lyrics in any music genre....sometimes the musicianship isn't quite....good but its always emotional.
i'm not sure what black metal you've been listening to but you might be doing it wrong

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Heartfelt like maybe crying after burning churches down.
実存は本質に先立つ。

shanholtzer

Post by shanholtzer »

iKichigai wrote:Heartfelt like maybe crying after burning churches down.
or crying because the mountain is too cold