GUILTY PLEASURE/S

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

iKichigai

Re: GUILTY PLEASURE/S

Post by iKichigai »

Cromlech wrote:black metal it has some of the best, most heartfelt lyrics in any music genre....sometimes the musicianship isn't quite....good but its always emotional.
Now that it has come to my attention I'd like to know which black metal band you're referring to as being emotional and heartfelt, as most of the bands I've been listening so far are just talking about insatiable starvation in Transylvania, random forests and mountains and loving Papa Satan/Santa (if they're dyslexic). (Maybe it's the diabolic devotion to the devil part?) Not sure. Tell me please. I am starting to get confuzzled.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

I'd have to say I like BM for the same reasons I like screamo.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

iKichigai wrote:(Maybe it's the diabolic devotion to the devil part?)
Anyone seen the Metal: A Headbanger's Journey documentary?
It's been a while (forget who he was interviewing) but i remember the part with this satanist/bm type dude
and he asks him something along the lines of who's your biggest inspiration/purpose in life

and the bm dude sits still, all quiet. looks serious. and slowly, calmly, and with a darkly pretentious intensity says in his norwegian(ish?) accent: ".......Satan." .....

you know the part?

best part of the whole doc. :P
lmao :lol:

im sorry i can't take that seriously it's just funny shit the way that went down.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

buckytoole wrote:
iKichigai wrote:(Maybe it's the diabolic devotion to the devil part?)
Anyone seen the Metal: A Headbanger's Journey documentary?
It's been a while (forget who he was interviewing) but i remember the part with this satanist/bm type dude
and he asks him something along the lines of who's your biggest inspiration/purpose in life

and the bm dude sits still, all quiet. looks serious. and slowly, calmly, and with a darkly pretentious intensity says in his norwegian(ish?) accent: ".......Satan." .....

you know the part?

im sorry i can't take that seriously it's just funny shit the way that went down.
Wasn't that Gaahl from Gorgoroth? He's gay btw.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Yes it was and yes he is.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

buckytoole wrote:
Interviewer: What's your inspiration for writing music?
Gaahl: *sips wine* Satan

Indeed the best part.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

iKichigai wrote:Now that it has come to my attention I'd like to know which black metal band you're referring to as being emotional and heartfelt, as most of the bands I've been listening so far are just talking about insatiable starvation in Transylvania, random forests and mountains and loving Papa Satan/Santa (if they're dyslexic). (Maybe it's the diabolic devotion to the devil part?) Not sure. Tell me please. I am starting to get confuzzled.
I can't say many of the Norwegian 90s bm bands that your referring too wrote anything profound or even intelligent I wouldn't go to Darkthrone or Immortal and look for a sentence that even makes sense. I feel like bands like Mortifera, Forgotten Tomb, Agalloch(not very BM but whateves), anything more on the depressive and atmospheric side of BM are pretty emotional for me at least i'm not saying lyrics have to be good to be emotional...screamo is plenty proof of that.

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

Also Gaahl in headbangers journey is amazing, almost as awesome as the part where he interviews necrobutcher and blasphemer.

alexander

Post by alexander »

there is some claustrophobic and drowning black metal that definitely has passionate lyrics. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss by Burzum being one of the prime examples. but mostly I just listen to black metal because I love ugly music.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

there was a time when i was a black metal junkie. my playlist was full of archgoat, kriegsmaschine, morbosidad, von, teitanblood, deathspell omega, emperor, azaghal, etc. i also liked to act grim around the internets. i woke up one day realizing that i was tired as fuck of black metal.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.