Top Skram Figures

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

Re: Top Skram Figures

Post by thebigmin »

ifp wrote:starting a post with "sup faggots" and suggesting Pete is somehow an influential figure totally invalidates anything you have to say from this point on.
but if it wasn't for Pete there would be no CMHWAK as we know it and the Seeing Means More 12" would have never been released.....

mike stern

Post by mike stern »

ifp wrote:starting a post with "sup faggots" and suggesting Pete is somehow an influential figure totally invalidates anything you have to say from this point on.
Again, thanks for providing absolutely no value to the conversation. You're a dumb loser.
i dont care and i probably hate you.

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

I somewhat agree to this list, but since I don't personally know any of them I can't 100% agree. But this seems acurate I guess.
I think this should be broken down a little bit more by community instead of nation(or world)wide. For example I'd have to say one of texas' "top skram figures" would be Rustay Kelley from Toru Okada. At the time of his peak, he was extremely helpful to everyone in the scene and put on amazing shows. But of course time has passed and he quit all that whiney crying bullshit and formed a tough hardcore band that punches people in the face when you say the word screamo. I mean everyone changes, that's inevitable, but for that short period of time I'd have to give it up to rustay. That's the Austin chapter, Houston is slightly different. In Houston our top figures were just the older dudes, marcus from the walls you've built and John from burned out bright, no one person in particular. and somehow more time has passed and everyone has moved on with there lives, working real jobs and forming a different taste in music. I dunno I guess old dudes in old bands qualifies you. (and keepin it real to the scene)
love yourself, no one else will

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

mike stern wrote:
Again, thanks for providing absolutely no value to the conversation. You're a dumb loser.
sup breeder.
we all love Pete, and all the other dudes repping skramz but your list is so tryhard.
this thread shouldn't be about ranking but just celebrating our top dudes who make/made the scene better :)

ifp

Post by ifp »

mike stern wrote: Again, thanks for providing absolutely no value to the conversation. You're a dumb loser.
I've provided to the conversation the fact that you're a douche bag. That's a pretty large contribution.

also...
buckytoole wrote:your list is so tryhard.

pennyarcade

Post by pennyarcade »

thebigmin wrote:
but if it wasn't for Pete there would be no CMHWAK as we know it and the Seeing Means More 12" would have never been released.....

you could also argue that both of these things did more harm to screamo than good. for proof: this thread.

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

i am proud to make this list, and dancing on the precipice of 30 and still listening to this stuff constantly (even wave bands), i think it's a fair placement. even though i am corporate now and lift weights regularly.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

Jakey LIAF wrote: even though i am corporate now and lift weights regularly.
making you 100% more skram
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

ifp wrote:
mike stern wrote: Again, thanks for providing absolutely no value to the conversation. You're a dumb loser.
I've provided to the conversation the fact that you're a douche bag. That's a pretty large contribution.

also...
buckytoole wrote:your list is so tryhard.
hay

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

everyone in this thread is a rude gus.