Top Skram Figures

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thisguyisalright

Re: Top Skram Figures

Post by thisguyisalright »

There are, in my experience, more gay people in the screamo scene (along with other social minorities) than any other heavy music scene simply because of its default inclusive and accepting nature. I myself don't use the term "fag" or whatever unless I'm making fun of people who use it seriously, but even if someone here says it as a joke I don't think it's that offensive because just the act of posting in a place like this likely means no harm is meant by it. It is, after all, just a word.

demorior

Post by demorior »

i'm a fag

demorior

Post by demorior »

what do you mean 'you people' ?

jternovo

Post by jternovo »

People who don't live in Edmonton.

thisguyisalright

jternovo wrote:I live in edmonton
Holy shit, you're from Edmonton too? JAMES? We talked at that show! Yeah I was totally referring to just this site where it's not really a problem though, I do agree that you shouldn't throw shit like that around where we live though since it's actually a pretty huge problem in Edmonton. Most of the people here are bigoted fools and adding to the problem is the last thing you want to do, hence why I never use the word unless I'm making fun of rig pigs. You totally aren't coming off as an asshole though, I'm trying not to as well. It's just the nature of internet discussion that EVERYONE sounds like a dick.

jternovo

Post by jternovo »

thisguyisalright wrote:
jternovo wrote:I live in edmonton
Holy shit, you're from Edmonton too? JAMES? We talked at that show! Yeah I was totally referring to just this site where it's not really a problem though, I do agree that you shouldn't throw shit like that around where we live though since it's actually a pretty huge problem in Edmonton. Most of the people here are bigoted fools and adding to the problem is the last thing you want to do, hence why I never use the word unless I'm making fun of rig pigs. You totally aren't coming off as an asshole though, I'm trying not to as well. It's just the nature of internet discussion that EVERYONE sounds like a dick.
Oh hey! Sweet to finally see you on this! I knew this was how you met Andrew but I wasn't sure who you were on here!
Shit on the Internet is dangerous, things get out oh and way to easy (see the orchid cover thread hahaha)

thisguyisalright

Yeah I see what you mean, most of my side comes from the fact that I'm idealistic to a fault and that results in me wanting to believe people don't let words offend them. And they shouldn't, because if someone is going to stoop that low you shouldn't take anything they say seriously, but that's not the way the world works.

Can I like add you on Facebook or something dude? You guys are all cool as fuck.

jternovo

Post by jternovo »

Yeah of course, search for James Ternovoy.
And you get what I'm saying, I'm glad. Part of me thought I was just spinning in circles and sounding like an idiot.

thisguyisalright

jternovo wrote:Yeah of course, search for James Ternovoy.
And you get what I'm saying, I'm glad. Part of me thought I was just spinning in circles and sounding like an idiot.
Yeah naw, you're definitely articulate. Just sent the request. Dude you like Tel Fyr? I first heard them when I was just getting into screamo like 3 or 4 years ago and I thought it was like the coolest thing ever that there was a band in my favorite genre of music whose songs were all based on Morrowind, my favorite video game hahaha

jternovo

Post by jternovo »

Yeah that band is amazing! Their tape they put out last year destroyed!