This place is not for being PC. I unbanned steven.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

cmhwak
Site Admin

This place is not for being PC. I unbanned steven.

Post by cmhwak »

I didn't see lots of the posts for whatever this was about because Pete deleted them but steven is unbanned again.

Can we just agree that this is not a place for being PC? Because that would ruin 90% of what makes this place funny. And because CMHWAK has always been, in PC terms, "a safe space for offensive jokes." If it's better, I could just make a forum for all the PC/sincere posters to live in a BCO-style hellhole.

E.C

Re: This place is not for being PC. I unbanned steven.

Post by E.C »

nigger faggot.

cmhwak
Site Admin

Post by cmhwak »

I should probably add more. Because there's actually a thread in a ridiculous Facebook group on this very topic.

Steven/Init rules and Pete sometimes gets carried away. I think it's important to take everything here as a joke, that a lot of objectionable words are being used ironically, and that it's much easier to have people maintain their own sense of what is okay and what isn't. I think arguments can be both entertaining and valuable, so the banning and deleting is probably best kept to morons rather than legitimate labels. But have you people ever seen "SRS" on reddit, the threads on BCO about deleting mp3s of bands that people have claimed made offensive comments to marginalized groups, or discussions on whether it's offensive to say "sucks" "lame" "stupid" "retard" "trashy" or any other selection of tame words? The value of not being totally PC is sort of the same way 4chan has some value, that the scope of humor is outside of black and white comparisons of what is offensive or not.

So I'm not totally defending people who are idiots on here. It's okay to call someone out for being offensive. And it's probably not a good idea to ban over that. I'm just saying that anything goes here, and that you people can socially police yourselves. And that I don't really do much moderation on here, but three of my favorite old board dudes are mostly in charge and trying to maintain the same atmosphere as before.

Ifp's "starting a post with "sup faggots" and suggesting Pete is somehow an influential figure totally invalidates anything you have to say from this point on." was something I was sort of down with, even though the thread was obviously taking on that bro-speak joking tone of voice that people laugh at because it's sort of a parody. Just because posting that keeps it clear that it's not universally funny. Being offensive doesn't ensure that your post is going to be a success.

tl;dr: Get along.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

relaxiwontpost

Post by relaxiwontpost »

u should tell pete to stop banning me all the time

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Well here's my two cents:

Steven and another poster got temporary bans. Steven's was only a week and I didn't think it was such a big deal for a guy who makes 0.42 posts per day. I even felt bad about it when I did it because I like Steven and I have nothing against him. I actually like everyone who posts here. I want to also say that it wasn't for anything he believes or anything like that, he got it because I posted asking very nicely that certain things in that thread be dropped, and he and another poster decided to not only continue it, but escalate it. Those posts are deleted now, so oh well.

I hope the other guy also got unbanned because it wouldn't be fair to him if we have double standards for this sort of thing.

Can we also get rid of that sub-forum?

CitizenOfUlysses

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

If you want to feel accomplished for "calling someone out" for saying fag on the internet, Tumblr will gladly accept you.

kevin

Post by kevin »

so it's safe to say this message board is dead... or that it will only be populated by 17 year olds using fag jokes?

CitizenOfUlysses