Japanese Underground music blog

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ryanmurakami

Re: Japanese Underground music blog

Post by ryanmurakami »

Well, they started doing this loud singy/screamy thing that was pretty different. But, i think the music continued in the same vein. I know what you're saying though. Its not like that demo. The newer stuff is still pretty good. I'll probably be posting that EP on my blog soon, so check it out!

rightskewed

Post by rightskewed »

holy fuck, totally enjoying this -- was in Japan for more of 2009 than i wasn't.

some one on here send me a bunch of stuff by the cops are inside us (okinawa) a while back, who i think are awesome. could never find it anywhere online, but if you want it for your blog i can send it your way.
i have nothing to complain about, but i know i'll still complain.

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

rightskewed wrote:holy fuck, totally enjoying this -- was in Japan for more of 2009 than i wasn't.

some one on here send me a bunch of stuff by the cops are inside us (okinawa) a while back, who i think are awesome. could never find it anywhere online, but if you want it for your blog i can send it your way.
Glad you're liking it!
Yeah, The Cops Are Inside Us are seriously good. I already have most of their stuff, but thanks for the offer! I try to just post stuff that's OOP or just super old, though. There's plenty of unheard Japanese stuff from 10 years ago that'll keep me busy for awhile.

This week is screamo week too! Most/All of the stuff I'm posting is new to the interwebz, so there should be some choice finds in there.

rightskewed

Post by rightskewed »

ryanmurakami wrote:
rightskewed wrote:holy fuck, totally enjoying this -- was in Japan for more of 2009 than i wasn't.

Glad you're liking it!
Yeah, The Cops Are Inside Us are seriously good. I already have most of their stuff, but thanks for the offer! I try to just post stuff that's OOP or just super old, though. There's plenty of unheard Japanese stuff from 10 years ago that'll keep me busy for awhile.

This week is screamo week too! Most/All of the stuff I'm posting is new to the interwebz, so there should be some choice finds in there.
will stay tuned for sure. since you're aiming for older stuff, got any God's Guts or UG man?

edit:

also, i totally hung out at kyoto whoopees! thanks for the footage.
i have nothing to complain about, but i know i'll still complain.

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

rightskewed wrote: will stay tuned for sure. since you're aiming for older stuff, got any God's Guts or UG man?

edit:

also, i totally hung out at kyoto whoopees! thanks for the footage.
Whoopee's is the bomb diggity. I have a few more shows from there I'm going to upload. I don't have any God's Guts or UG man, sorry! I mainly bought screamo and emo shit when I was in Japan, so a lot of the more punk/thrash stuff escaped me.

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

Just posted an interview I did with Blue Friend, a japanese screamo band. Check the interview out here.
And you can check their bandcamp here: Blue Friend Demo on Bandcamp

Felipe

Post by Felipe »

I also run a japanese music blog: http://friendly-nerds-songbox.blogspot.com

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

Anyone have links for The Cabs 1st and 2nd mini albums?

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

Felipe wrote:I also run a japanese music blog: http://friendly-nerds-songbox.blogspot.com
hey felipe! I was wondering who was running that blog! I have it linked from mine. You're posting good stuff, keep it up!

Felipe

Post by Felipe »

ryanmurakami wrote:
Felipe wrote:I also run a japanese music blog: http://friendly-nerds-songbox.blogspot.com
hey felipe! I was wondering who was running that blog! I have it linked from mine. You're posting good stuff, keep it up!
Sup ryan! I'm glad you like it! I must say that I'm pretty thankful for the videos you upload to youtube. Do you still run your distro?