Japanese Underground music blog

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ryanmurakami

Japanese Underground music blog

Post by ryanmurakami »

yo dudes & dudettes, i'm doing a blog I thought you guys would like. its focusing on Japanese underground stuff in general, mostly screamo (cause thats what i love), emo, indie rock, metal, whatever. Posting stuff from my collection (mostly from 2000-2002 cause thats when I was in Japan), and also focusing on current stuff. I post shit 5 days a week, so there's always something new up. most of the stuff i post can't be found anywhere else and is way OOP, so you are GUARANTEED to find something new, or your money back...

Here's the link:
The Absent Trail of an Echo and My Future Plagued by Surrender

and some bands I've posted:
Gauge Means Nothing
Dip Leg
Sora
Black Line Fever
Bluebeard
Heaven In Her Arms
The Carnival of Dark-Split
Black Film Dance
Tiala
Infro
Unripe
Document Not Found
and a whole bunch of others.

check it out! tell me what you think!

plasticsmilerecords

Re: Japanese Underground music blog

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

omg this is fucking awesome! you should post some allie when you get a chance!

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

yeah, i will probably post about them sometime. I only have their 7", and i don't know much about them specifically. i try not to post releases that are still available, instead talking about them and encouraging people buy them. thanks for checking it out!

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Fucking incredible man!

Hey, I got a request. You got any Kanashibari? I think it turned out they were actually a bunch of white boys LIVING in Japan or some shit, but they were pretty awesome. The only thing I've been able to find is their A Nation of Fisherman album. I'm almost certain they had another though, because I remember searching for them back in, like, 2003 and finding a single MP3 from an album whose name I can't recall. If you've got any it would be greatly appreciated.
suicides may have been a pact

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

LOL, yeah I posted that EP on the blog. They only have one other song, on a compilation but it was a track from the EP. Yes, they were 2 white guys (at least one from australia) and a japanese guy on bass. Beyond that, I know nothing. I picked the EP up randomly at Allman in Tokyo, but probably didn't start really digging it until after I'd come back to the States. I tried emailing the contact in that EP and the email address is gone, so who knows if we'll ever find out more about them. The names on the EP are just first names too, so no help there.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

ryanmurakami wrote:yeah, i will probably post about them sometime. I only have their 7", and i don't know much about them specifically. i try not to post releases that are still available, instead talking about them and encouraging people buy them. thanks for checking it out!
i have their 7" too! i have their avalanche cd as well. avalanche is insanely good btw.

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

Yeah, I need to get it. I got that 7" awhile ago for my distro and haven't listened to it like I should.

kevin

Post by kevin »

sora <3

i wish their later stuff was as good as the demo

ryanmurakami

Post by ryanmurakami »

kevin wrote:sora <3

i wish their later stuff was as good as the demo
Have you heard the 5 song ep that came out around 2007 or so?

kevin

Post by kevin »

i'm not sure, i heard some songs on myspace a few years back and they were totally different. they seemed to have abandoned the whole hardcore thing