The Truth About Dreaming-EP MI SCREAMO

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

crowquill

Re: The Truth About Dreaming-EP MI SCREAMO

Post by crowquill »

It's good, but it's not better than Aspergers. Damn those guys are just pure Jeromes Dream worship from Russia.
http://twentytwo.bandcamp.com

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

big difference is that while aspergs is "those guys," xttadx is "that guy."

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

are you the same dude who done something exactly similar to this a while back, then something exactly similar to that too?
sounds like... i've forgot the name, there was a song called 'weightless' or 'hopeless' or something. then there was the other band that was untitled songs i think, or i had a song called 'cat people would scare the shit out of me'. i'm too lazy to go to my ipod. anyway, this is real cool, i like all the shit you've done (if you're the same person), but there's something about screamo stuff that i really can't get into as a sort of 'one man' thing, it just doesn't fit my sort of prerequisites for this sort of music. no offence dude, it's still great, just think it would be better with a full band. unless i'm wrong and it is a full band, then i apologise.

also, your record label stuff is really cool! how did you manage to get flexi records pressed? i really want to do that with my band.
hay

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

cutoffmyarms wrote:also, your record label stuff is really cool! how did you manage to get flexi records pressed? i really want to do that with my band.
YEAH DUDE especially with such a short run of 25

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

crowquill wrote:It's good, but it's not better than Aspergers. Damn those guys are just pure Jeromes Dream worship from Russia.
http://twentytwo.bandcamp.com
I know who aspergers is! They're sweet. I'm actually putting out a collection tape for them soon! I finally got all their tracks AND got the finished j-card from them a few weeks ago. Just gotta do some DIY shit and the tape will be out in no time =] The thing about aspergers and I is that we're not trying to BE Jeromes Dream. We just play what we want to hear.

plasticsmilerecords

cutoffmyarms wrote:are you the same dude who done something exactly similar to this a while back, then something exactly similar to that too?
sounds like... i've forgot the name, there was a song called 'weightless' or 'hopeless' or something. then there was the other band that was untitled songs i think, or i had a song called 'cat people would scare the shit out of me'. i'm too lazy to go to my ipod. anyway, this is real cool, i like all the shit you've done (if you're the same person), but there's something about screamo stuff that i really can't get into as a sort of 'one man' thing, it just doesn't fit my sort of prerequisites for this sort of music. no offence dude, it's still great, just think it would be better with a full band. unless i'm wrong and it is a full band, then i apologise.

also, your record label stuff is really cool! how did you manage to get flexi records pressed? i really want to do that with my band.
You're thinking about Flowers In Gun Barrels! Yep that was me. Yeah, I would love to have a full band, but nobody listens screamo where I live. It's all glitter daddy bullshit, pop punk, pretty terrible hardcore, and of course metal. Anyways, screamo/punk, whatever has no rules, so I'm going to keep doing what I do and have fun! :D

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

plasticsmilerecords wrote:
You're thinking about Flowers In Gun Barrels! Yep that was me. Yeah, I would love to have a full band, but nobody listens screamo where I live. It's all glitter daddy bullshit, pop punk, pretty terrible hardcore, and of course metal. Anyways, screamo/punk, whatever has no rules, so I'm going to keep doing what I do and have fun! :D
cool man, keep it up.
riderofbrohan wrote:
cutoffmyarms wrote:also, your record label stuff is really cool! how did you manage to get flexi records pressed? i really want to do that with my band.
YEAH DUDE especially with such a short run of 25
spill!
hay

plasticsmilerecords

Rah Rah Records my friends! He lathes things on plexi glass, plastic pinic plates, and other shit. He uses an old mono lathe from the 1940's I believe. The sound quality is sweet btw. They sound like a scratchy old demo tape!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rah-Rah-l ... 8238653623

Flowersintheattic

Post by Flowersintheattic »

Best screams nowadays
WE HAVE FROZEN EYES!

Phil

Post by Phil »

I was trying to use The Google to find a quote from that asshole Varg about solo black metal being the truest expression of the genre because the artist is free to create without need for self consiousness or comprimise. Then I was going to change "black metal" to screamo, and instead accredit it to Billy Werner.

I can't find the fucking quote so now I look stupid, but in essence it's the same. At least that is how I see it.
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!