Juggalos: the Gathering

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

riderofbrohan

Juggalos: the Gathering

Post by riderofbrohan »

I think it's about time MTG got its own thread. I know plenty of you play but what I REALLY want to know is what colors you dig, what sets you guys play (favorites?), how long you've been playing, blah blah blah..... basically, let's just talk Magic.

Personally, I've been playing for about a decade. I prefer most things pre-8th edition, although i dig some of the newer blocks. Since i don't pay competitively (went to FNM once, NEVER AGAIN) don't give a shit about format, but legacy is where it's at. I fucking love playing blue/black, or blue or black, specifically though, wizards and vampires are my forte, though not together haha. Not quite sure how many cards i have but i know the number is somewhere in the thousands.

demorior

Re: Juggalos: the Gathering

Post by demorior »

bring back mono black

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Dawg you know I love MTG. I like playing green and black the most, I have a wicked Druid Enchantment stomp style deck. I'm not really a control type dude and really despise playing against blue decks, they tend to make games no fun. I started collecting cards after 5th edition came out, so right around 1996 or 1997. I prefer playing with older cards and joke about only playing with people that own decks that contain at least 80% of cards made in the 90s. Man I wanna play a game right now.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

i haven't played mtg in a year or so but its my favorite thing to do
online: ___duress

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

brianutatx wrote:....really despise playing against blue decks
COUNTERSPELL; BOOMERANG

danfitforbattle

Post by danfitforbattle »

mono white most times, rocking tempered steel until the rotation. Also, met a skram bro at a fnm last week. living in a small town, never once met someone into screamo at any hardcore shows.
don't sweat my skram

demorior

Post by demorior »

danfitforbattle wrote:mono white most times, rocking tempered steel until the rotation. Also, met a skram bro at a fnm last week. living in a small town, never once met someone into screamo at any hardcore shows.
i'm running mono white angels and humans right now
but i'll probably go rw humans soon.
tired of my slow deck lol

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

still stuck on alara/zendikar - not going to lie - haven't bought cards in a while. mono white, a lot of lifegain and beefing up shitty cards that way, thinking of adding some red to fling directly at the opponent as a cheap shot for lulz.

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

neck_cannon wrote:still stuck on alara/zendikar - not going to lie - haven't bought cards in a while.
the Zendikar block is pretty legit as it gave us some of the most broken gems in the game, Jace Mindsculptor and Emrakul, among others.
I also have a pretty fearsome Eldrazi deck and nearly royal Dragons deck. Both are pretty tough to run, but they seriously RAPE when i'm not getting mana screwed, which is often because the former is red/black/green and the latter is 5 color. I have like 8 decks right now but i really only use Dimir (blue/black mill), wizards (blue), mono black and then the decks mentioned above, but only when the people i'm playing against start being assholes.

I have a bunch of innistrad cards that i'm building decks with too. Currently working on a black/blue zombie deck and a black/green that can utilize my double-faced Garruk.

What planeswalkers do yall niggaz like?

my favorites are Jace (big surpirse there) and Nicol Bolas

demorior

Post by demorior »

riderofbrohan wrote:
neck_cannon wrote:still stuck on alara/zendikar - not going to lie - haven't bought cards in a while.
the Zendikar block is pretty legit as it gave us some of the most broken gems in the game, Jace Mindsculptor and Emrakul, among others.
I also have a pretty fearsome Eldrazi deck and nearly royal Dragons deck. Both are pretty tough to run, but they seriously RAPE when i'm not getting mana screwed, which is often because the former is red/black/green and the latter is 5 color. I have like 8 decks right now but i really only use Dimir (blue/black mill), wizards (blue), mono black and then the decks mentioned above, but only when the people i'm playing against start being assholes.

I have a bunch of innistrad cards that i'm building decks with too. Currently working on a black/blue zombie deck and a black/green that can utilize my double-faced Garruk.

What planeswalkers do yall niggaz like?

my favorites are Jace (big surpirse there) and Nicol Bolas
tamiyo from dark ascension looks pretty broken