GLASS HITS (ex Vaux/Eiffel, Angel Hair)

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

phantomlimb

GLASS HITS (ex Vaux/Eiffel, Angel Hair)

Post by phantomlimb »

Was talking to Keith from Glass Hits the other night and he asked me to post this in any sort of forum where people might be into it. Dude played bass in Angel Hair apparently (though I've never gotten up the guts to talk to him about it), and features some members of Vaux/Eiffel (same shit). Keith also does a strange avant-noise thing named Echo Beds, will provide links for both. Dig the free tunes.

http://glasshits.bandcamp.com/

http://echobeds.bandcamp.com/

demorior

Re: GLASS HITS (ex Vaux/Eiffel, Angel Hair)

Post by demorior »

oh shit, vaux. that's a name i haven't heard in a while.

phantomlimb

Post by phantomlimb »

demorior wrote:oh shit, vaux. that's a name i haven't heard in a while.
Seriously. I was talking to my friend the other day about being in High School and seeing an ad from Volcom Records in Transworld Skateboarding about how they had changed their name to Vaux from Eiffel.

goneaway

Post by goneaway »

I'm actually in Glass Hits. Keith was not in Angel Hair although he played in Junkdrawer, the Boulder band that was around during the same period of time. He played in Subpoena the Past with Sonny, though, which might be where the confusion is coming from. I think that was 1999 or so. I moved from SF to Denver in 1998 so I'm a little sketchy on details. Keith and I played in a band called PS Burn This Letter in SF before I moved here.

Greg, our bass player, was in Vaux. He played lights for his early tenure and then started playing guitar later on. I was never a fan of Vaux and only saw them a few times while they were still around.

It's fucking rad that the bandcamp site is getting out there. We don't and won't ever charge for the digital version of the record because it was partially paid for with show money. You already paid if you came to see us. Thanks for helping out and giving a shit. As weird as it might sound that shit totally matters. If you come to a show come say hi. I'm the guitar player with the stupid yellow Les Paul.

goneaway

Post by goneaway »

Oh shit. It's David. What up David?

Ha ha. That's awesome. It's a dinky little world we live in.

phantomlimb

Post by phantomlimb »

goneaway wrote:I'm actually in Glass Hits. Keith was not in Angel Hair although he played in Junkdrawer, the Boulder band that was around during the same period of time.
Hahaha I blame Eric for misinforming me.