screamo ftp server

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

iTooHaveAHeart

Re: screamo ftp server

Post by iTooHaveAHeart »

thisguyisalright wrote:that's fine, true skram gods only listen to 64kbps anyway.
AUGH NOOOOOOOOOO

edit: maybe a bittorrent tracker would be a better idea?
danfitforbattle wrote:i once mistook calculator for texas instruments and was disappointed when i couldn't recognize any of the songs they played.
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:My mom still opccasionally wears my knock-off Saetia tee when she's gardening.

lovewhatyouhold

Post by lovewhatyouhold »

Time for a bump, seriously not all of us have trust funds to buy rare records. I wish we could have a ftp server for our community. Any updates?

dannzac

Post by dannzac »

lovewhatyouhold wrote:Time for a bump, seriously not all of us have trust funds to buy rare records. I wish we could have a ftp server for our community. Any updates?
??? Lack of money has been the issue this entire time

ingram

Post by ingram »

dannzac wrote:It was whatever file type the person that uploaded them had, mostly mp3s from what I have/remember. It was just too pricey to host from what I know, I've been bumping this thread since it went down in june but it seems like it's not coming back unless we get some sort of donation thing going. (<--PS that's not going to happen/work :/ )
Money aren't real problem, there's a lot of isp which allow to rent large servers for reasonable prices
i already run some servers of german isp for work purproses, actually, i can relaunch ftp on any of these servers
the real problem is that all those isp are vulnerable to abuses and i don't want to loose entire server with all data and prepaid money just because of copyright crap

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

ingram wrote:
dannzac wrote:It was whatever file type the person that uploaded them had, mostly mp3s from what I have/remember. It was just too pricey to host from what I know, I've been bumping this thread since it went down in june but it seems like it's not coming back unless we get some sort of donation thing going. (<--PS that's not going to happen/work :/ )
Money aren't real problem, there's a lot of isp which allow to rent large servers for reasonable prices
i already run some servers of german isp for work purproses, actually, i can relaunch ftp on any of these servers
the real problem is that all those isp are vulnerable to abuses and i don't want to loose entire server with all data and prepaid money just because of copyright crap
abuse would hopefully not happen if we kept the server low key to this site exclusively. as for copyright, i'd imagine most DIY bands wouldn't claim copyright so i think if we kept it to DIY bands it would be ok.

what's the difference between FTP and ISP though?
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

morphinglight

Post by morphinglight »

klefmop wrote:what's the difference between FTP and ISP though?
FTP = his server we could download the files from. ISP = internet service provider, who hosts his server.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

morphinglight wrote:
klefmop wrote:what's the difference between FTP and ISP though?
FTP = his server we could download the files from. ISP = internet service provider, who hosts his server.
thanks for clearing that up man. I don't know too much about computers
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

Dyelyo

Post by Dyelyo »

I can host an FTP server if need be. I actually had my HDD die on my and that had my entire music collection on it. So now I am left with literally no music. I used the screamo FTP to get most of my music and when I came back to redownload my music I saw that it was shut off. The server providers I use also host seedboxes, so they don't really care about copyright at all. Let me know if you guys would be interested in this. I desperately need my music back and would be willing to pay for a server to get it back.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

Dyelyo wrote:I can host an FTP server if need be. I actually had my HDD die on my and that had my entire music collection on it. So now I am left with literally no music. I used the screamo FTP to get most of my music and when I came back to redownload my music I saw that it was shut off. The server providers I use also host seedboxes, so they don't really care about copyright at all. Let me know if you guys would be interested in this. I desperately need my music back and would be willing to pay for a server to get it back.
I think we'd be down for anyone that can do it, to do it. As soon as a server pops up I'll be uploading anything I have that's vaguely skramz related.

Dyelyo

Post by Dyelyo »

Okay. I will be purchasing a server right now. It's going to take up to 12 hours for them to process this. I will post the FTP information here when it gets set up