screamo ftp server

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

ingram

Re: screamo ftp server

Post by ingram »

i'm uploading another 90 folders right now, mostly crusty and blackened stuff
you can check latest additions by sorting by "last modified" in filezilla

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

ingram wrote:
plasticsmilerecords wrote:I don't want to be that guy, but is there any way I can get the Celestial Being folder removed? I'm in the band and just about to release a discography tape with all our material re-mixed/mastered, so if anyone wants our material, you can get it through PSR.
yeah i can remove it or even you can remove it yourself (using ftp account in the first post of this thread, it has deleting privilegies as well)
but what's the reason to delete files which were in free circulation? i've personally downloaded them from plasticsmile bandcamp some time ago

by the way, Celestial Being is one of best bands of modern screamo scene (one of my top fav's at least)
Once we started re-mixing and remastering everything, we realized that we didn't want to be apart of the mp3 throw away culture anymore. We totally regret have our music downloadable. That being said how do you delete things on here? I'm glad you like the band though!

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

I would personally argue that there's only an "mp3 throw away culture" if you decide to be part of it. Personally, around the time internet speeds started getting faster and hard drives started getting larger, I gave away all my physical media in an effort to just own less stuff overall. I still have all the art for the albums on my hard drive, liner note scans when possible, and when not possible I keep the lyrics in notepad. An individual album still has just as much value for me, but now without the part that has no value (to me), the physical object in my house.

I definitely understand the appeal behind a piece of art you can hold in your hand, but at least to me it's all the same thing since I try not to keep too much stuff. But I mean, you obviously reserve the right to prefer not to have your music online, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just see a lot of people seem to have a problem with digital media as if it cheapens the music and I find that very odd.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

Look, this isn't really the thread to get all philosophical about what we think about mp3s vs. physical releases blah, blah, blah. My band mate and I just want our music taken down. Simple as that. Think what you want, do what you want. I honestly don't care lol

kevin

Post by kevin »

mp3 throw away culture? is that where you listen to something and delete it because it sucks?

thisguyisalright

plasticsmilerecords wrote:Look, this isn't really the thread to get all philosophical about what we think about mp3s vs. physical releases blah, blah, blah. My band mate and I just want our music taken down. Simple as that. Think what you want, do what you want. I honestly don't care lol
I wasn't trying to rag on you dude, I think that's perfectly reasonable.

ingram

Post by ingram »

many thanks to the guy that uploaded Snic / A Day In Black And White stuff, never heard it before

fukimdeadagain

Post by fukimdeadagain »

Can someone upload some Glasses stuff?

thisguyisalright

ingram wrote:many thanks to the guy that uploaded Snic / A Day In Black And White stuff, never heard it before
Ya welcs. I found one of snic's older CDs too, I'll up it when I get it.

ingram

Post by ingram »

fukimdeadagain wrote:Can someone upload some Glasses stuff?
enjoy