WARCRAFTTTT (nerd rage)

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

alexander

Re: WARCRAFTTTT (nerd rage)

Post by alexander »

I don't see the Warhammer rip. I thoroughly enjoy the story, and find Blizzard to be top notch story tellers. I really like it. the first game doesn't hold up due to the second game essentially being a much better version of the first, but sporting Internet play, svga graphics, and much faster and addictive gameplay. I still find it found to play the first one from time to time.

matt

Post by matt »

when blizzard set out to make warcraft, they tried to use the warhammer ip but that did not work out(games workshop kicks themselves daily i assume). i dont know if they had already started on it with the assumption of getting to use the ip or if they are just dumb as hell but pretty much everything down to the kitchen sink was taken from warhammer and then tweaked lightly. warcraft has changed a good bit and gone its own (really dumb imo) way but the original concept is literaly straight from wh. how they could take something so good and make it so bad is beyond me.

that would be one thing but what i dont get is that they just blatantly ripped 40k a few years later with starcraft. warhammer didnt create the idea of of orcs and elves and all that of course but 40k is so unique that it is just laughable that they couldnt think for a bit and come up with something on their own. they had to take from GW again to make a hit.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Not much of a gamer but I love playing Warcraft. I first played Warcraft III when I was 13 or so. It was one of the first few games I had in my own computer. I really had tons of fun with the campaigns.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

chris709scott

Post by chris709scott »

CMHWAK WoW Guild.

LETS DO IT YOU FUCKS!

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

chris709scott wrote:CMHWAK WoW Guild.

LETS DO IT YOU FUCKS!
if i ever wanted to not have a life and start playing WoW i would totally join.

heart blizzard games.
heart warcraft.
heart starcraft.
heart diabloz.
characters/stories=100%greatest
battlenet FTW.

alexander

Post by alexander »

downloading Warcraft: Orcs & Humans right now. my in-laws have this vacation cabin thing on an island, and there's no net. been playing a lot of SCUMM games, as well as Deluxe Ski Jump 3. now I'm getting WC1 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I'll probably download Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne via battle.net. too lazy to bring CDs.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

i used to be a huge WOW fan, i quit around level forty though, i have starcraft 2 preordered. stoked for that
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

Sharkboyyy!

Post by Sharkboyyy! »

I used to play Warcraft II religiously when I was...probably 11 or 12. I loved the game beyond all reason. I played online, I read strategies when I wasn't playing, and I cried when my ladder score became negative. My best friend at the time actually programmed the most widely used Warcraft II hack and Blizzard would release updates to nullify it, only for him to modify the code and re-release a working hack the next day. Little did they know they were being outsmarted by a little kid.

When Warcraft III came out, I played for a bit and got bored. I started playing it again when Tower Defense maps became popular and that was all I'd play.

I played WoW for a few months, but that ended up boring me, too, because all of my friends quit.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

seriously considering SC2 despite lack of money and time to play. but how can i turn my back on my childhood and essentially 10 years of waiting?

Sharkboyyy!

Post by Sharkboyyy! »

buckytoole wrote:seriously considering SC2 despite lack of money and time to play. but how can i turn my back on my childhood and essentially 10 years of waiting?
I, too, am very interested in SC2, despite my similar circumstances. I was never a big SC kid when I was younger, but the hype makes me want to play it. (As does the fact that it's a Blizzard title that isn't WoW)