The Skramz Wiki

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

DandelionWar

The Skramz Wiki

Post by DandelionWar »

http://skramz.wikia.com/wiki/Skramz_Wiki

with ur help we can make skramz web 2.0!

CitizenOfUlysses

Re: The Skramz Wiki

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

you're not helping anyone by adding to anything ever.

http://fourfa.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

??? another one of these types of things?>?>

not saying it's TRUE, but i'm betting most of the information will just be pulled off of last.fm/facebook/discogs/wikipedia and usually those all share information anyways. i think when matt did og cmhwak he did it really awesome in that not only was there a HUGE list of bands that were active and inactive but at the time he also provided new content such as live videos of Dispensing of False Halos, Antioch Arrow, and In Loving Memory... now those are found on youtube/vimeo. even the original Alice ran VLV was supposed to do something like this (with a forum attached to it and a record label??) i suppose i don't have a gripe with these sites, but derp derp another one? i hope that if they are serious they keep going and not give up on it after a while. the longevity and helpfulness of fourfa hasn't really been tapped into by any other site.

wow i need to lighten up right now. so hott in so cal.

FANTASTIC WOUND

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

neck_cannon wrote:you're not helping anyone by adding to anything ever.

not saying it's TRUE, but i'm betting most of the information will just be pulled off of last.fm/facebook/discogs/wikipedia and usually those all share information anyways. i think when matt did og cmhwak he did it really awesome in that not only was there a HUGE list of bands that were active and inactive but at the time he also provided new content such as live videos of Dispensing of False Halos, Antioch Arrow, and In Loving Memory... now those are found on youtube/vimeo. even the original Alice ran VLV was supposed to do something like this (with a forum attached to it and a record label??) i suppose i don't have a gripe with these sites, but derp derp another one? i hope that if they are serious they keep going and not give up on it after a while. the longevity and helpfulness of fourfa hasn't really been tapped into by any other site.

Totally forgot about fourfa. There goes my afternoon.
suicides may have been a pact

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:
neck_cannon wrote:you're not helping anyone by adding to anything ever.

Totally forgot about fourfa. There goes my afternoon.
Fourfa never goes away.

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

stop saying skramz

saalt

Post by saalt »

Am i the only one who actually liked the mystery element of screamo? Having to find oop records to find info on bands?
I think the genrr gets way less interesting with thinvs like this

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandy

Post by dandy »

It's mostly just a page for links for downloads, with last.fm/wikipedia bios ripped, the idea was to eventually have more, but it's time consuming

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

saalt wrote:Am i the only one who actually liked the mystery element of screamo? Having to find oop records to find info on bands?
I think the genrr gets way less interesting with thinvs like this
I think what the guy is doing is commendable, but yes I agree with you. One of my favourite things is going to record stores to look through the bargain bins and used 7" boxes to find old emocore records and Ebullition-esque No-Fun-Club (lol) diary readings recorded to wax. It's still findable on the internet, but a lot of that stuff is just too obscure and not categorized well. Makes the hunt so much more fun.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.