Jawbreaker records in Hot topic.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

forzamadrid

Re: Jawbreaker records in Hot topic.

Post by forzamadrid »

this is so depressing. i'm going to listen to some poison the well now.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

GnarlesManson

Post by GnarlesManson »

on the blackball forum adam from jawbreaker said how he went into a hot topic to "spy" (see how they were selling), and not too surprisingly, they weren't selling. kinda funny. real record stores got uncolored ones that sell for like $16, hot topic gets colored for $12, and the record stores sell out way faster.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

GnarlesManson wrote:on the blackball forum adam from jawbreaker said how he went into a hot topic to "spy" (see how they were selling), and not too surprisingly, they weren't selling. kinda funny. real record stores got uncolored ones that sell for like $16, hot topic gets colored for $12, and the record stores sell out way faster.
I noticed that, too. There were a huge stack of them behind some random Paramore EP. :lol:

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

alexander wrote:Jawbreaker put out major label records. this is not that surprising.

heartsXdivide

Post by heartsXdivide »

this isnt THAT shocking. jawbreaker isnt some super underground band, they were a pertty successful one. just because hot topic has the fecords for sale doesnt mean that they are selling well or at all

kabnlerlfkj

Post by kabnlerlfkj »

jets to brazil was better anyways.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

heartsXdivide wrote:this isnt THAT shocking. jawbreaker isnt some super underground band, they were a pertty successful one. just because hot topic has the fecords for sale doesnt mean that they are selling well or at all

steven

Post by steven »

CottonPorkinEd wrote:You dweebs realize that Jawbreaker had the LP reissues distributed EXCLUSIVELY at Hot Topic for a couple months, right?
actually, that didn't happen. it was going to but the label decided not to do that, and instead just gave hot topic an exclusive color, but hot topic got them the same time as independent record stores did (and indie stores got a different color of vinyl if they ordered it right away from the exclusive distributor of blackball)

GnarlesManson

Post by GnarlesManson »

yeah i think it was like 200 clear and with a pin or something for real record stores, 800 green for hot topic, and the rest are black. i could be totally wrong though. my girlfriend picked up the black a few weeks ago. ill buy a clear if i come across one, but right now im content with my original of it 8-)