Suburban Skramz

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

not danny wegman

Re: Suburban Skramz

Post by not danny wegman »

i said a good portion. not everyone. all we are trying to do is make music that we all enjoy and can relate to. thats it. if you dont support it then dont bother with it. if you do then great. this shits old. no point in even bothering on this forum.

xinskramzwecrustx

Post by xinskramzwecrustx »

not danny wegman, fuck you and your cunty scene. get the fuck off cmhwak if you can't stand the heat.

littleleague

Post by littleleague »

Best thread.
"i'm not high"

xinskramzwecrustx

littleleague wrote:Best thread.
It's getting there :lol: i want to make this better than the hospice thread!

method.man

Post by method.man »

No punk bands? How about methhead? Forget about them? Those kids may not have been in a skramz band but they helped get the entire scene started. Same with dirty needle. You can neglect them if you want, but youre obviously not a true suburban skramer if you dont realize that. Thanks for making fairport look like shit though

xinskramzwecrustx

method.man wrote:No punk bands? How about methhead? Forget about them? Those kids may not have been in a skramz band but they helped get the entire scene started. Same with dirty needle. You can neglect them if you want, but youre obviously not a true suburban skramer if you dont realize that. Thanks for making fairport look like shit though
It's the Method Man for short Mr. Meth. MOVING ON YOUR LEFT, AH!

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

xinskramzwecrustx wrote:
littleleague wrote:Best thread.
It's getting there :lol: i want to make this better than the hospice thread!
Hospice are skramz royalty though, I don't know if this will ever beat it!

jordanswe

Post by jordanswe »

method.man wrote:No punk bands? How about methhead? Forget about them? Those kids may not have been in a skramz band but they helped get the entire scene started. Same with dirty needle. You can neglect them if you want, but youre obviously not a true suburban skramer if you dont realize that. Thanks for making fairport look like shit though
just so u know, if this was heaven i'd be hanging out with you.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Hey dude kudos for hosting house shows. I'd love to come play in Upstate NY sometime.

I have some qualms with what you're saying about the Rochester punk scene though. Some of the best punk bands in America come out of Rockester, I constantly am saying that Rotcore (a term for Rochester hardcore) is some of the best hardcore punk being made right now. Also some of the best people I know in DIY music are involved in Rochester hardcore and have been for over a decade.

With that being said it's awesome that you are putting together shows in your hometown, that's what DIY is all about. Keep in mind though that many of the people on cmhwak have been or are currently in touring DIY bands (not just skramz bands) and meet people all over the country who are involved with DIY music of various types (including punk). Also when you use terms like "suburban skramz" and "true screamo" it leads readers to believe you are posting in a joking manner and so jokes, jives, and various other joking type attacks on your post might be made.

Thats my two cents, again I'd love to come play in a basement show in upstate NY sometime if you wanted to host a show for me and my band, and keep up the good work with booking and hosting DIY shows.

McGoozenheimer

Post by McGoozenheimer »

not danny wegman wrote:These bands range from 2 pieces to full set bands.
No solo artists or half set bands?