reasons touche amore suck

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Goatsego

Re: reasons touche amore suck

Post by Goatsego »

jt__ wrote:Because everyone on cmhwak tells me to hate them. And I want to fit in SOMEWHERE
I laughed.

maloxan

Post by maloxan »

jt__ wrote:Because everyone on cmhwak tells me to hate them. And I want to fit in SOMEWHERE
best thing ever happend on cmhwak
Last edited by maloxan on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
To envision a world without chains but recognize that we,
as individuals, can only chip away at the links.
One at a time, day by day.
To have the ability to wage quiet wars in our everyday lives,
and recognize the subtle victories when they happen....

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DandelionWar

Post by DandelionWar »

Because of comments like this in You Tube
nosajatrab wrote:A wave is forming, slowly yet surely. That wave is going to wash away the years of garbage we have left upon our shores. And that wave will carry in bands like this.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Let's not forget the shifty vocals, and generic riffs. The main thing that sucks about these bands though, is that theyre attempting to make screamo palatable for mass consumption. Like scene.

ifp

Post by ifp »

pros -
the times i've seen touche amore they always put a good show. they play well and they play pretty intensely, it seems.

jeremy has always been very nice to me and last time i saw them their guitar player, colton, introduced himself and seemed very nice as well.

they have a few very well written songs.

the political stances that i've seen the band take are very much in line with my own and my bias towards that lends itself to them winning me over as people.

cons -
all the lyrics rhyme, which, at times makes them sound a little more focused on catchiness than conveying a thought.

seeing them usually consists of dealing with a bunch of 15-16 year olds who are coming from a completely different place in terms of their context of hardcore; i mean this in that most of these folks are way into bands like underoath, glassjaw, and the rest of those "alternative press" bands. it seems some of the popularity that bands like touche amore and la dispute enjoy is from the constituency of kids who are more on that wavelength and not exactly interested in DIY hardcore of any sort. (don't get me wrong....i wasn't born into some encyclopedia of DIY knowledge, it's a process to find and seek out good bands. so maybe some of these kids will use touch amore as a gateway band to find a better slew of bands.)

the vocals on their recordings are way too loud, almost as though they are the main showcase and the music is secondary. i'm not sure if this is a way of reinforcing the "kids should sing along" mentality, but from a musician standpoint it's kind of a bummer.

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

unintentionally lulzy lyrics

however one could argue this as the BEST part of touche amore

DandelionWar

Post by DandelionWar »

IF ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS THEN I AM THE MOST DEFEANING SOUND YOU'VE HEARD

McGoozenheimer

Post by McGoozenheimer »

I'm Parting The Sea Between The Buried And Me