TOPSHELF RECORDS

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

The Saddest Mike

Re: TOPSHELF RECORDS

Post by The Saddest Mike »

xdylanx wrote:They put out a few good bands and some of my friends bands but they also put out Dads and The Clippers...

Flannel Gurl put out the Dads LP and all releases before that were self-released

lick my love pump

Post by lick my love pump »

They have a few good bands I think. However, you can always tell the kids who are jumping on the bandwagon when they have a top shelf shirt on. I know a bunch of kids in my area who were really big into youth crew and Boston hardcore that are all of a sudden want to ride the hairy bean bag of top shelf records. I can think of countless other labels that deserve more attention than they do.
April is the cruelest month

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

The Saddest Mike wrote:
xdylanx wrote:They put out a few good bands and some of my friends bands but they also put out Dads and The Clippers...

Flannel Gurl put out the Dads LP and all releases before that were self-released
Oh I have no idea why I thought that. Band still sucks though.

neontaco

Post by neontaco »

all of this was great and entertaining to read. tylers story is definitely true

and top shelf is whack

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

xdylanx wrote:
The Saddest Mike wrote:

Oh I have no idea why I thought that. Band still sucks though.
Meh, as much as I'm willing to admit that what they're doing is not very original, they're my good friends and I'll support anything they release. Honestly they're doing what most 4-5 pieces are currently doing, and they're only two people, which is kind of cool in my book.

When it comes down to it, I'm so over any of that twinkly emo stuff. Not that I ever got much into it to begin with, aside from any bands that my friends are in, (The World Is, Dads, etc) I don't care to listen to any of it. I'd much rather listen to bands from the 90's / 2000's that have since broken up.

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

i know of endless amounts of two piece twinkly bands and they all suck.
hay

steven

Post by steven »

cutoffmyarms wrote:i know of endless amounts of two piece twinkly bands and they all suck.

enoughtostopaheart

Post by enoughtostopaheart »

cutoffmyarms wrote:i know of endless amounts of two piece twinkly bands and they all suck.
Two Knights is the only band that I have come across that seem to do the 2-piece twinkly thing (or even the twinkly thing in general) in a way that sticks out to me.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

Yeah, I ordered a couple of records off them and they tried making out that I never paid for them and didn't send them. Fuck them.

I would even take bridge 9 over topshelf, because at least they released consistently good records at one point, whereas topshelf has been shit apart from a few records.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

This is the only Topshelf band I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS ... re=related