The Token Straight Edge Thread

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

iKichigai

The Token Straight Edge Thread

Post by iKichigai »

I'm not. But I don't like smoking (allergic), drinking (used to, not my thing), and all that shenanigans. In fact I hate partying when these things are involved. I avoid it like a plague. Whatevs. I'd rather be a recluse.
I just find it funny that most sXe kids I knew in my 21 years of existence eventually broke edge while I, never claimed edge, have been as sober as ever. And recently there's this one kid I'm acquainted with who used to be edge but after a year or so became a shrooms dealer. Lolwut. Oh world you give me so much stuff to laugh about. I am not generalizing things here though. Just a thought.

実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

heartsXdivide

Re: The Token Straight Edge Thread

Post by heartsXdivide »

i am straight edge, have been since 2004/2005. i love it and its very important to me but i realize and understand that it isn't for everyone, some of my best friends aren't straight edge (but who cares). im not going to try and force my personal politics and beliefs on somebody and im not going to not like someone just because they choose to live their lives differently than me. XXX

GnarlesManson

Post by GnarlesManson »

You get so mad and tell me Im a bore cuz I dont wanna hang around your stupid crowd no more. I think Id rather stare at my fucking wall all night then go out with a bunch of jerks that act so fucking loud. I dont wanna be like you cuz I dont wanna die. I decided long ago thats some shit Ill never try. I got better things to do than to blow my cash on that. I dont want to waste my mind, wreck my body, and turn my back. I know Im a dying breed so do I need to ask why all the fucking straight edgers are now a bunch of drunks? Just last year they markered up their hands but now all they say is, Oh I dont give a fuck. So what if Im a straight, is that so hard to accept? At least Im not like you and have nothing left. Im going someplace in this world and its not a fucking grave and you just laugh at me. At least Im not a drugged up slave.

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

when i was twelve i thought i would be straightedge. i wanted to not drink and smoke. hell, i even thought about going vegan. but i failed in doing the later after two hours. when i was 13, i smoked my first cigarette and first joint. i got off weed soon after. i got drunk for the first time when i was fourteen, and have been a social drinker since then. the bottle however, remains my best friend at the worst of times. shortly before i got to my senior year, i quit smoking for good. i still get tempted once in a while, but i've been tobacco clean for more than a year now.

so if you don't smoke, keep it that way. stay straightedge. while having a drink once in a while is nice, keep off cigarettes. that shit doesn't do you good.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

TomAnderson

Post by TomAnderson »

I'm token to some Minor Threat right now..

I don't like alcohol or any other smoke though. Obviously junkie drugs are lame.

Having an ego about something as stupid as not ever trying any substance ever is just as much as a high IMO.

crowquill

Post by crowquill »

Kept the edge through my whole youth.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

crowquill wrote:Kept the edge through my whole youth.
Good for you. Not everyone could keep edge over 21.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

crowquill

Post by crowquill »

I'm 17, in Sweden the legal drinking age is 18, but I've been at so many parties with friends where everyone drinks alcohol and smoke weird shit and has sex in other peoples beds. And I've kept my edge. I'm 18 in September but it's not gonna change anything at all.

By the way, your Caitlin Bailey stuff is incredible.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

All of my edge friends have broken. :lol: And some of them have edge tattoos and now take pride in smoking their particular brand of cigarettes and weed.

Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

Fuck straight edge. I have never been straight edge and never will be.

I've done Weed(everyday for the past 2 years), Coke, Acid, Shrooms, kpins glorious kpins!, and a shitton of other prescription drugs. And I would do them all again. I however only drink casually.

I've never done Heroin, Crack, Meth, PCP, stupid shit like that.

I have no problem with anyone being straight edge and I would never push a drug or a drink on anyone who doesn't want one. I do however have a problem with anyone who is straight edge and thinks it makes them better than anyone else.