Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2012

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

dearericiquit

Re: Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2

Post by dearericiquit »

thisguyisalright wrote:As far as underrated bands, not from 2012 but I give no fucks, The Jonbenet is a band I've never even heard mentioned by anyone even though they fucking shred.
This.

Boejendel

Post by Boejendel »

phoenix_crush wrote:I maintain that Guidelines is one of the best screamo bands.

Goatsego

Post by Goatsego »

dearericiquit wrote:
thisguyisalright wrote:As far as underrated bands, not from 2012 but I give no fucks, The Jonbenet is a band I've never even heard mentioned by anyone even though they fucking shred.
This.
This x1000.

crockett5o5o

Post by crockett5o5o »

thisguyisalright wrote:The Jonbenet
I'm pretty sure this band played with a local semi-sass band named Dear Oceana back in like '05 or '06. I remember a lot of people were really into them after they came and I never checked them out. Will get on that.
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

ifp

Post by ifp »

I got to see Old Gray last weekend for the first time. I thought it was interesting how they had songs in which instruments would switch up among band members. Over all, the music itself reminded alot of bands I would see in the mid to late 90's.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

crockett5o5o wrote: I'm pretty sure this band played with a local semi-sass band named Dear Oceana back in like '05 or '06. I remember a lot of people were really into them after they came and I never checked them out. Will get on that.
Dude they are sass as fuck, while still simultaneously bringing the skram mosh. I'm listening to Dear Oceana right now and it's very cool.

McGoozenheimer

Post by McGoozenheimer »

Wait....multiple people are praising The Jonbenet right now? Old Fear Before The March of Flames was always better than them, if you want to go that route.

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

thisguyisalright wrote: As far as underrated bands, not from 2012 but I give no fucks, The Jonbenet is a band I've never even heard mentioned by anyone even though they fucking shred.
Hahahahahahaa so funny. The Jonbenet was from Houston, where I grew up, and I've seen them waaay too many times. I never really liked them but they played at every show. Almost like a local 'house band' if you will. The dudes were total jerks, but maybe only to me because I was pretty young I guess. I will give them cred though because when they first started playing shows they did Saetia covers and they were pretty good lol I happened to catch their last show in Austin right when I moved there. They played with hatred surge and mammoth grinder, which is why I went. Now that I think about it I kinda miss seein their name around.
love yourself, no one else will

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

Relemo wrote:Now that I think about it I kinda miss seein their name around.
Holy fuck it was so hard not to make a terrible tasteless joke, although I guess I kind of just did.

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

An ex-girlfriend and I went to go see them at the Lit Lounge in the summer of 2005. We walked all the way from Penn Station and when we got there they wouldn't let us in because we were underage. So The Jonbenet gave us a bunch of free stuff and felt really bad that we came from NJ and couldn't get in. Really nice dudes. I remember the singer spazzing out on the sidewalk and bumping into people just to prove people in NYC don't really give a shit. Then we ran all the back to Penn and almost missed our train. Kind of a whacky night.