Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2012

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

CitizenOfUlysses

Re: Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote: maybe trophy scars too? I dunno, never to seem to hear about them that much. A+ band in my book. def one of my favorites.
I hear people big up Trophy Scars from time to time but aren't they like a weird rock band now? I haven't really enjoyed much of the new stuff I've heard.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard the new Isodora Crane stuff? I had to actually do some research to make sure it was the same band, and even then I almost think the information I read was wrong.

dannzac

Post by dannzac »

I hung out very briefly with Dads at two of their SoCal shows and they seemed like nice dudes. John gave my friends and I some pretty good advice about touring on the east coast/in general and then we talked about poop, pooping, and poop related activities in their aforementioned brand new van the next day. I can't be anything but indifferent about the topic of them being douchebags but I will say that it felt like they weren't really making an effort to hang out with anybody at the shows/the people that helped book the shows/the kids that were really excited to see them and bought merch/etc etc. but I just attributed that to them being just another band that's been on tour for a while and were just trying to make it to the next show.
However, I will agree on their music being pretty boring/unoriginal. It's a huge bummer hearing from the old bassist, but I won't really hate on anybody that likes them.

The only underrated band (and I'm not sure if they've been mentioned before because I haven't read this thread in a while) I can think of is Leer. I haven't heard much about them on this forum or really anywhere else, but they're destined for greatness and they are all solid dudes.

young fire

Post by young fire »

dannzac wrote: The only underrated band (and I'm not sure if they've been mentioned before because I haven't read this thread in a while) I can think of is Leer. I haven't heard much about them on this forum or really anywhere else, but they're destined for greatness and they are all solid dudes.
Leer are great, cool seeing them mentioned here. I've very rarely heard people talk about them, really awesome band though.

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

how about the adobe homes/beau navire split as an underrated overrated split combo.
I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

thievesguild wrote:how about the adobe homes/beau navire split as an underrated overrated split combo.
I love both those bands, but I do think that Adobe Homes should be getting more hype. The innards split might help with that.

jonathanriley

Post by jonathanriley »

I think alot of the Mayfly records bands are underrated (Barrow, Bone Dance, Ghaust) but on the other hands, there are some EXTREMELY overrated bands on their roster (Code Orange Kids, Suburban Scum, Former Thieves)

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

jonathanriley wrote:I think alot of the Mayfly records bands are underrated (Barrow, Bone Dance, Ghaust) but on the other hands, there are some EXTREMELY overrated bands on their roster (Code Orange Kids, Suburban Scum, Former Thieves)
i really dont get whats so special about COK. theyre not bad at all but thats it

new barrow album is super cool, everyone should give it listen. its more "metallic" and gloomier than their previous work. i would def classify it as some sort of post-metal

this is also quite enjoyable

maloxan

Post by maloxan »

phoenix_crush wrote:
thievesguild wrote:how about the adobe homes/beau navire split as an underrated overrated split combo.
I love both those bands, but I do think that Adobe Homes should be getting more hype. The innards split might help with that.
they are
definetly after alex interviewed them with cmhwak radio some months ago
To envision a world without chains but recognize that we,
as individuals, can only chip away at the links.
One at a time, day by day.
To have the ability to wage quiet wars in our everyday lives,
and recognize the subtle victories when they happen....

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

maloxan wrote:
phoenix_crush wrote:
they are
definetly after alex interviewed them with cmhwak radio some months ago
I can't even say "Adobe Homes" in my head now without Alex's California accent sabotaging the whole thing.