Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2012

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

crockett5o5o

Re: Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2

Post by crockett5o5o »

ifp wrote:my only experience with "the world is...." was when we played with them last month. the woman doing the show came up to me and asked if we could play earlier because "greg is being weird". i had no idea who the fuck greg was and had to have someone explain to me that he was the singer of the world is. keep in mind, the world is hadn't even arrived at the show yet, so i'm assuming this was all done over text. we were supposed to play 4th on the bill (the world is was headlining, playing 5th) and were asked to play 2nd instead. i have no idea why this greg dude wanted us to play 2nd instead of 4th, or for that matter why the woman doing the show would adhere to such a strange request. we had no problem playing at the time we did, the show was great. it just seemed like such a strange request.
Did they also request their dressing room to only have a specific color of m&m's? Just kidding, but was it because they didn't want to see you play or were they there when you did? That's just really weird.
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

ifp

Post by ifp »

as far as i know, they got their right before they were supposed to play. they got caught in bad traffic or something.

crockett5o5o

Post by crockett5o5o »

That literally makes no sense at all then. Also has to be the dumbest request I have ever heard.
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

ifp wrote:my only experience with "the world is...." was when we played with them last month. the woman doing the show came up to me and asked if we could play earlier because "greg is being weird". i had no idea who the fuck greg was and had to have someone explain to me that he was the singer of the world is. keep in mind, the world is hadn't even arrived at the show yet, so i'm assuming this was all done over text. we were supposed to play 4th on the bill (the world is was headlining, playing 5th) and were asked to play 2nd instead. i have no idea why this greg dude wanted us to play 2nd instead of 4th, or for that matter why the woman doing the show would adhere to such a strange request. we had no problem playing at the time we did, the show was great. it just seemed like such a strange request.
Sounds like The World is... thought y'all weren't the type of big dog crowd pleasers that they wanted opening for them 4th on the bill. They needed someone with big dog status. Did they show up to the gig all wearing these shirts? :