Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2012

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

grievingmass

Re: Underrated & Overrated Screamo/Hardcore/Whatever bands 2

Post by grievingmass »

brianutatx wrote:
grievingmass wrote:overrated : Nails
Underrated : ten thousand leagues
I agree with this 100%

Also ACxDC may be the most overrated band in hardcore. Bring on the hate...
I was THIS fucking close to putting ACxDC but I thought that Nails was shittier in the grand scheme of things.
the devil just won't let go.

hcotv.bandcamp.com
deismbirmingham.blogspot.com

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

overrated: a whole bunch of mediocre post rock bands; the world is a beautiful place blabla...; and expire - seriously, i just dont understand it.

underrated: june paik!

grievingmass

Post by grievingmass »

loagaeth wrote:overrated: a whole bunch of mediocre post rock bands; the world is a beautiful place blabla...; and expire - seriously, i just dont understand it.

A++
did you see that 4 way split with The World is a Beautiful Blah, Code Orange Kids, Self Defense Family, and Tigers Jaw? its like someone googled music and threw it on a 7inch.

hcotv.bandcamp.com

JosephGribble

Post by JosephGribble »

grievingmass wrote:
loagaeth wrote:overrated: a whole bunch of mediocre post rock bands; the world is a beautiful place blabla...; and expire - seriously, i just dont understand it.

A++
did you see that 4 way split with The World is a Beautiful Blah, Code Orange Kids, Self Defense Family, and Tigers Jaw? its like someone googled music and threw it on a 7inch.
also, isn't this like the 4th four way split bands from that topshelf scene are putting out?

who the fuck is like, "man I could really use a split with four different bands on it?"

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grievingmass

Post by grievingmass »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:the world is a beautiful place is so fucking overrated

2boring4me

hcotv.bandcamp.com

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

JosephGribble wrote:
grievingmass wrote:A++
also, isn't this like the 4th four way split bands from that topshelf scene are putting out?

who the fuck is like, "man I could really use a split with four different bands on it?"
Couldn't agree more
And then just 1 song per band, I mean its more like a sceneable mini comp for flopshelf vinyl addicts
Last edited by loagaeth on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

grievingmass

Post by grievingmass »

flopshelf vinyl addicts

hcotv.bandcamp.com

O)))

Post by O))) »

nsdwoah! is fucking underated. I've been jamming them a lot lately and this band was so dope. Not enough people knows about them.

ifp

Post by ifp »

my only experience with "the world is...." was when we played with them last month. the woman doing the show came up to me and asked if we could play earlier because "greg is being weird". i had no idea who the fuck greg was and had to have someone explain to me that he was the singer of the world is. keep in mind, the world is hadn't even arrived at the show yet, so i'm assuming this was all done over text. we were supposed to play 4th on the bill (the world is was headlining, playing 5th) and were asked to play 2nd instead. i have no idea why this greg dude wanted us to play 2nd instead of 4th, or for that matter why the woman doing the show would adhere to such a strange request. we had no problem playing at the time we did, the show was great. it just seemed like such a strange request.