Inception (Yes, the movie)

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Cromlech

Re: Inception (Yes, the movie)

Post by Cromlech »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:you know whats funny

i read that on /b/
You know whats sad. You read that on /b/.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

wounderaser wrote:you should change the title, because it almost ruined the movie for me (i didn't see it yet).
Oops sorries. :(
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Cromlech wrote:
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:you know whats funny

i read that on /b/
You know whats sad. You read that on /b/.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

i only finally saw the fucking movie just now.
it was as epicly awesome as i expected.
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:did anyone else notice that his kids were actually his totem? i'll explain if you didn't, don't read this unless you've seen the movie. during his dreams, he never saw his kids faces. if he saw their faces, that would mean he is awake. his kids were always there in the dreams. and also, what he said his totem was, the top, used to be someone elses totem. at one point in the movie i remember him saying totems are specific to one person, and since the top used to belong to someone else, it would be impossible for him to use it. SHIT BRIX
interesting theory. i know the end was maybe subjective but i feel like he was dreaming still, it was the top in fact that was his totem and seeing their faces only meant accepting the reality of the dream world; ie in limbo he refused to look when Mal was calling to them, as to look would be to give in to the false reality of the dream (he wanted to see them for real, not make himself imagine it, until the very end when he supposedly "woke up" to find everything complete, perfect and finally accept a reality that made him happy: seeing his kids... even though we see the top never stops spinning, he doesn't look, he doesn't care)

most of the questions i have are technical about how the world works.
like can you kick out of a dream by dying or by falling, do you then return only to the previous level? and if the other levels of your dream disappear, are you then stuck further down in your dream? for example, could cobb and saito been stuck in limbo not able to jar themselves out of it once the kicks on the higher levels had been used/disappeared?
it seemed like they all woke up one level at a time, except those two, who were so far down they became trapped in limbo, and thus killing themselves might only have brought them further into their subconscious realities, as did dying on previous levels of dreaming.
if they missed the kick and were still sedated and in a far deep level of dreaming where time would go on infinitely even within a second of reality, they could in essence (as far as their consciousness is concerned) be stuck in a dream world forever

most of that isnt really all that important though. mostly just curious. like if it were a video game, what are the rules? this would make an awesome game for sure...

this is an excellent explanation/interpretation of the movie.
definitely see the relation to 8 1/2 *one of my all time favourites

http://chud.com/articles/articles/24477 ... Page1.html

Oscar Wilde

Post by Oscar Wilde »

I refuse to watch that overhyped movie. Not trying to score indie creds, I just can't stand it when people talk about a certain subject the whole time, I tend to avoid it as much as I can.
A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her.
Oscar Wilde

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »