SHOWSSS

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

CitizenOfUlysses

Re: SHOWSSS

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:Anybody goin to Ruiner's last show? Its up in Baltimore, and they're playing with Defeater, Damages, Killing the Dream, Pianos Become The Teeth, and someone else who I can't remember. I'm too far away to go, but any of y'all headin up for that?
I wish. That's gonna be an amazing show.

xdylanx

Post by xdylanx »

heartsXdivide wrote:stoked for Envy/Touche Amore in philly
me too

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

tonyxvx wrote:
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i want to move to california, shows galore. god damn it, why do i have to live in the ass of the music scene
I have to spend $30 just to get to this show. I live over an hour away, where there is no music scene, so after gas and two tolls it's expensive. But, soooo worth it.
yeah thats the norm here, usually there are no shows in my town but when there are there is usually a bunch of lame ass tough guy "beatdown" bands and one good band playing. occasionally there will be a good show like 2-4 hours from where i live but its so ridiculous driving far
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

tonyxvx wrote:
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i want to move to california, shows galore. god damn it, why do i have to live in the ass of the music scene
I have to spend $30 just to get to this show. I live over an hour away, where there is no music scene, so after gas and two tolls it's expensive. But, soooo worth it.
is 30$ considered much to go to a show? i've paid like 40-60$ to go to regular shows, in transport only, a shitload of times.
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i may be going to see fucked up and double negative tonight, i also might be seeing kylesa and weedeater tommorow, and there is also a slight chance i might see public enemy tomorrow, but if i go to that, i wont be able to see kylesa or weedeater. hmmmmmmm
even if i liked kylesa or weedeater this would still be the easiest decision ever: public enemy.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

matt

Post by matt »

Josefine wrote:
tonyxvx wrote:
is 30$ considered much to go to a show? i've paid like 40-60$ to go to regular shows, in transport only, a shitload of times.

thats crazy. i think the most ive ever paid to see music is $6.

Josefine

Post by Josefine »

matt wrote: thats crazy. i think the most ive ever paid to see music is $6.
transport, right?
We're not using satanic imagery to offend anyone... We're doing it to offend christians.

alexander

Post by alexander »

it's like $150 for me and gf to travel to the only big city in this country and back again. so I guess you could say we've spent that on a show. but then again we live in a much more expensive country. we have more money, and things cost more. so it's not entirely proportional. I mean an ordinary new-ish major label CD in a major retail store costs at least $30+.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

Jakey LIAF wrote:
BROOTALPOODLE wrote:i may be going to see fucked up and double negative tonight, i also might be seeing kylesa and weedeater tommorow, and there is also a slight chance i might see public enemy tomorrow, but if i go to that, i wont be able to see kylesa or weedeater. hmmmmmmm
even if i liked kylesa or weedeater this would still be the easiest decision ever: public enemy.
yeah true, im from the same town as weedeater and kylesa isn't too far away, when else do i get to see public enemy. apparently the public enemy show was sold out, but kylesa and weedeater were awesome.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson