COUNT YOUR LUCKY STARS

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

brianutatx

COUNT YOUR LUCKY STARS

Post by brianutatx »

Lets talk about this label. Do you think it's a good label? Do you think it's relevant to screamo or hardcore in general. Are there any bands on the label you like or dislike? Let's have an open forum about this label.

The Saddest Mike

Re: COUNT YOUR LUCKY STARS

Post by The Saddest Mike »

Innards, Football, etc, Joie De Vivre, and Youth Pictures of Flourence Henderson are all great bands. And Keith is one of the nicest people I know. I'm not really familiar with their label practices/ethos but from everything I do know, I fully support him/his label.

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris709scott

Post by chris709scott »

yea i think it's a cool label, I like a nice couple of the bands on it.

kyeospeaks

Post by kyeospeaks »

i can't say that i care for any bands on CYLS, none really come to mind. i liked that they put out Ape Up!'s LP. i don't know much about the label but i've met keith and i like him.

riderofbrohan

Post by riderofbrohan »

i've got nothing against count your lucky twinkles except, like pygmy said, their bands are for the most part just ok and forgettable. love me some hightide hotel and snowing though (haters gonna hate?)

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

riderofbrohan wrote:i've got nothing against count your lucky twinkles except, like pygmy said, their bands are for the most part just ok and forgettable. love me some hightide hotel and snowing though (haters gonna hate?)
Even though they were basically the biggest tumblrcore band ever, I can still get down with Snowing.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

thisguyisalright wrote:
riderofbrohan wrote:i've got nothing against count your lucky twinkles except, like pygmy said, their bands are for the most part just ok and forgettable. love me some hightide hotel and snowing though (haters gonna hate?)
Even though they were basically the biggest tumblrcore band ever, I can still get down with Snowing.
The first snowing 7" rules. Everything else isn't really my cup of tea though.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

sam rudich by snowing is cool.

and everything on count your lucky stars isn't really impressive to me. although i heard Kieth is super nice.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

grievingmass

Post by grievingmass »

I played a show with Mountains for Clouds once and they put on a good show. They did a good job at doing something that everyone tries to do but does badly.

I don't really think that reflects the label. As far as their really cutesy aesthetic goes, I hate it. It looks totally derivative and contrived. Also the last thing the world needs right now is another twinkly emo band.
the devil just won't let go.

hcotv.bandcamp.com
deismbirmingham.blogspot.com