Skateboarding Thread 2.0

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

plasticsmilerecords

Skateboarding Thread 2.0

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

Since the last skateboarding thread went to shit... Let's see where this one goes! Tell us your setup, post pictures/videos of you and your friends shredding, post your favorite skate videos, etc... Just try to keep the trolling down to a minimum please!

I've been a huge fan of Emerica/Baker ever since I was 14. Mainly because I think Andrew Reynolds is the shit! Gotta love his frontside flips!!! Emerica played some sick songs in their videos too! The cure, Unwound, Roxy Music, The Locust, The Richmond Sluts, even some Jimi thrown in there! I haven't seen Stay Gold yet though =/ I need to get on that soon!

XingKing

Re: Skateboarding Thread 2.0

Post by XingKing »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrL79M519J4

I've been enjoying this kids videos lately. Spencer Nuzzi. He does some pretty gnarly shit and he's always got a smile on his face, which makes me respect him more for actually having fun

plasticsmilerecords

XingKing wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrL79M519J4

I've been enjoying this kids videos lately. Spencer Nuzzi. He does some pretty gnarly shit and he's always got a smile on his face, which makes me respect him more for actually having fun
Yeah man he's really good! Brother loves his noseslides!

crockett5o5o

Post by crockett5o5o »

Rolling on a 4d's local board (8.0 width) with thunder trucks (hollow kingpins) and spitfire wheels with Reds bearings. Emerica, Spitfire, and Black Label is what I grew up on. Skaters were so different back in the day. Andrew is sick. My favorite of all time is Rodney Mullen.
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

maloxan

Post by maloxan »

skateboardin was pretty skram 10 years ago.. not anymore
To envision a world without chains but recognize that we,
as individuals, can only chip away at the links.
One at a time, day by day.
To have the ability to wage quiet wars in our everyday lives,
and recognize the subtle victories when they happen....

plasticsmilerecords

Rodney Mullen is the man! It's funny that you mention Rodney Mullen because I've been watching some recent interviews with him lately. He really has a good perspective on life and he's probably the wisest skateboarder on planet Earth. I have mad respect for the guy.

Here's an interview with Rodney that I liked!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cgJ0glrzw0

crockett5o5o

Post by crockett5o5o »

plasticsmilerecords wrote:He really has a good perspective on life and he's probably the wisest skateboarder on planet Earth. I have mad respect for the guy.
I back those statements soo hard! You've got to give it up to the guy he basically invented street skating. Also the dudes pressure flips are insane, he just flips the board so many times so effortlessly. Is anyone as bummed as I am with the skate shoes these days? It seems as if all they are making these days are gum soles and those do not last long at all, I just got the Nike Eric Kostons lows and its surprising how comfortable they are with how little material they have.
riderofbrohan wrote: the Bermuda Triangle of Skram exists as far as i'm concerned.

arewehavingfunyet

Post by arewehavingfunyet »

Rodney Mullen is the man. Sometimes I question whether he's actually human or not. Also I love how he sort of sounds like Steve Guttenberg when he talks.

ShredxTED

Mark Suciu is so fucking good its offensive

I'm riding a Krooked Drehobl 8.12 with the 53 Cardiel streetburners. And indy 149's. Its perfect.

DandelionWar

Post by DandelionWar »

SKRAMBOARDING

Relemo

Post by Relemo »

I have a few set ups right now, a local Roger board 8.2 width with some heavy ass independents 54mm spitfires and reds all the way. my other set up is an 8 Alien workshop with some keith haring artwork on it, some super old ventures and some pretty tiny autobahns and i recently bought some reds for it. I loved baker and zero growing up, i thought they were some of the gnarlyest dudes ever. they would throw themselves down massive obstacles and skate to maiden and gipsy kings. yet i also loved girl and chocolate growing up, they were very technical and skated stuff that i could potentially see myself skating. skateboarding has been a huge impact on my life, i use it as a mode of transportation and feel like ive learned a bunch from it over the years. ive been skating for almost 13 years, with no motivation other than to continue having fun and enjoy yourself.

i watched pretty sweet recently, the new girl+chocolate video. its gosh darn amazing, not has 'hype' as fully flared but honestly better filmed than most movies that come out nowadays. and its not as long, marc johnson only has 1 song in his part and there are some fresh faces that get a lot of screen time. good stuff.

i found this one day while i was cruising on chico brenes instagram (yeah im a sucker for instalyfe, bring on the h8) and saw him post something about this,
http://www.hulu.com/camp-woodward

i watched all of them, i love the drama and how silly it is. they can shred tho...
love yourself, no one else will