Why are you straight edge?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

pygmyprieta

Re: Why are you straight edge?

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thievesguild

Post by thievesguild »

Pretty uplifting pokemon story in this thread, digging it.

I'm self employed, my boss is a dick so I steal stuff.
http://albumbyalbum.blogspot.com/

resuscitaterecords

Post by resuscitaterecords »

honestly if i didnt have people like brian and cory in my life I would be edge

Those two take care of me when i fuck up real bad, and i fuck up real bad cause im fucking emotional and smoke and drink to deal with it.

I finally quit taking xanax 5 months ago and went through a hardcore 2 week withdrawal and if people like brian weren't in my life i would not have made it

Ill probably never stop smoking (trees) ( i dont smoke cigarettes for some very personal reasons) because its my muse
and ill probably never stop drinking because being a substitute teacher fucking sucks

but i have to admit i take advantage of the straight edge people in my life, i love them

when i tried to fight keith (cyls) when i was blacked out on alchohol and xanax brian pulled me away and he became associated with my actions even though he didnt have too. And now keith won't talk to brian either, but if it wasnt for brian i would have ended up in jail.

much love brian!

ps i also love the edge cause ampere, portraits of past,..... well you guys know

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

I just find it really dumb. First, most of them (teens in particular) refuse everything because society says its "bad" and never gave it a try. Second, they feel kinda superior to us mere mortals. "I'm veggie, I'm a better person. sXe 4 lyyyyf"

maloxan

Post by maloxan »

I've been vegetarian since I was 12, became vegan when I was 14 when I started hanging out in the far left side environment with lots of squatters etc, but I still smoke and drink endless amounts of alcohol. Frankly i drink everyday, it makes me feel good. And oh yea, prozac kicks ass xxx
To envision a world without chains but recognize that we,
as individuals, can only chip away at the links.
One at a time, day by day.
To have the ability to wage quiet wars in our everyday lives,
and recognize the subtle victories when they happen....

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

loagaeth wrote:I just find it really dumb. First, most of them (teens in particular) refuse everything because society says its "bad" and never gave it a try. Second, they feel kinda superior to us mere mortals. "I'm veggie, I'm a better person. sXe 4 lyyyyf"
How old are you, like 16? Try to express yourself better than "I just find it really dumb". Have you ever given thought to the idea that society actually tells us it's okay and normal to drink/smoke. I'm 29 and believe me it's completely alienating to not drink, people get really confused when an adult around them isn't drinker and in certain cases insecure people (seems like you're one of them) get really bothered by my decision not to drink/smoke. There's a huge industry developed around drinking/smoking/drugs you need to re evaluate what is a societal norm and what isn't. You are the norm, deciding to not use drugs or drink/smoke puts me in the VAST minority of society.

You're the one telling me that my decisions on what I choose not to put into my body is stupid. Who comes across as the asshole with a superiority complex. I can give two shits if you drink/smoke do drugs, do what ever you want, but right now you sound like an asshole. I'm vegetarian too and guess what it puts me in the minority in society and again Im not coming here and making fun of your dietary decisions and again you sound like a clueless ass hole.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

brianutatx wrote:
loagaeth wrote:I just find it really dumb. First, most of them (teens in particular) refuse everything because society says its "bad" and never gave it a try. Second, they feel kinda superior to us mere mortals. "I'm veggie, I'm a better person. sXe 4 lyyyyf"
How old are you, like 16? Try to express yourself better than "I just find it really dumb". Have you ever given thought to the idea that society actually tells us it's okay and normal to drink/smoke. I'm 29 and believe me it's completely alienating to not drink, people get really confused when an adult around them isn't drinker and in certain cases insecure people (seems like you're one of them) get really bothered by my decision not to drink/smoke. There's a huge industry developed around drinking/smoking/drugs you need to re evaluate what is a societal norm and what isn't. You are the norm, deciding to not use drugs or drink/smoke puts me in the VAST minority of society.

You're the one telling me that my decisions on what I choose not to put into my body is stupid. Who comes across as the asshole with a superiority complex. I can give two shits if you drink/smoke do drugs, do what ever you want, but right now you sound like an asshole. I'm vegetarian too and guess what it puts me in the minority in society and again Im not coming here and making fun of your dietary decisions and again you sound like a clueless ass hole.
The skram hammer has dropped! I'm glad Brian gets it. This thread was destined for disaster in my opinion.

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

This is one of those threads where everyone has the opportunity to get super defensive and the tone of language across the internet can be misconstrued, but in reality shouldn't you only concern yourself with what you do? Personally, I've always seen this and vegetarianism/veganism to lived by example. When I was younger I saw kids having an awesome time and being positive without drinking while not being judgmental about people who do, and that in return made me want to do the same. But Brian is right about it being alienating, It kinda sucks when I'm with a group of friends and they all want to go to a bar and I feel super out of place. I've left parties really early just because I get tired of being around people getting wasted or if things are starting to get way too rowdy. I'm sure I miss out on somethings happening sometimes, but I really could care less. I think as long as you're secure with yourself that's all that really matters.

Also this bit sums up a lot of social interactions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-X2zPMB5dk

cutoffmyarms

Post by cutoffmyarms »

this argument is so dumb, about people feeling superior. that's absolute paranoia on your part & i know it's the general consensus with people who eat meat or drink or whatever. just because you make a conscious effort to impress your peers with your actions, doesn't mean everyone does. some people do things because they want to, and if it's going to result in the death of one less animal or have one less person put in hospital because of something they done when they were drunk then let them do it.
hay

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.