how skramz should sound

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

resuscitaterecords

how skramz should sound

Post by resuscitaterecords »

im pretty fucking old as far as this community is concerned (kind of, not really)

In the early 2000s a horrible misconception was conceived.

and now skramz is definetly one of the most disrespected genres of hardcore

but thats cause people dont know

about

capacities
coma regalia
itto
ten thousand leagues
neil perry (their shit right before their break up)
the whole richmond scene (seriously city of caterpillar is like the only good post rock screamo band besides welcome the plague year)
etc,

what to you defines what screamo should be and what it is capable of being?
honestly this shits my life so im pretty interested in what you guys have to say

-wes want of

xdylanx

Re: how skramz should sound

Post by xdylanx »

fast parts and emotional slow parts spoken parts need to be real not la dispute bullshit

resuscitaterecords

Post by resuscitaterecords »

xdylanx wrote:fast parts and emotional slow parts spoken parts need to be real not la dispute bullshit
honestly, well spoken.

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

This is a good one. I often asked myself if this or that still counts as skramz. I think, skrammers are one of the more narrow minded people in music, like "yo, the bands I listen to are true and yours not." "You thought this is screamo? Faaaag. Lets open a new thread to make fun of him and/or his band"
That's why most of the bands still sound like they're straight from the 90s and the whole genre never went through groundbreaking changes as some other genres did, because the scene doesn't really accept it
I mean, you can clearly tell 90s hardcore and 2010 hardcore apart, or 90s hiphop and 2010 hiphop. same thing with emo, metalcore, even pop
Everything evolves but skramz stays kinda the same
Last edited by loagaeth on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
pygmyprieta wrote: I hate being so young for the genre (barely 19) I was still peeing the bed when all the skramzing was going on. I get shit for "oh well YOU HVE NEVER BEEN TO A CITY OF CATERPILLR SHOW HUR DUR SHUTUP", it's kind of funny but a bit irritating.
hahaha, dude there's actually a lot more young people on this board than people think. I'm 19 and I've been here for 3ish years, meaning I was probably the youngest consistent poster on the board for a year or two (xdylanx is a little older than me I think but still young, same with psr). We've got an interesting mix of people here, age group wise.

I think screamo has a lot of room to explore and experiment in while still staying kinda faithful to the sound. I feel like screamo has evolved a bit in the past bit, and hopefully keeps going in the direction of not-the-wave sound bc I don't like those bands bc they sound boring, and screamo shouldn't be boring.
Yeah there are tons of younger people on this board. Shit, I'm only 21. Some of these dudes are 30+ haha Age makes no difference though. Just don't act like a know it all and you'll be fine.

loagaeth

Post by loagaeth »

plasticsmilerecords wrote:
CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
pygmyprieta wrote: I hate being so young for the genre (barely 19) I was still peeing the bed when all the skramzing was going on. I get shit for "oh well YOU HVE NEVER BEEN TO A CITY OF CATERPILLR SHOW HUR DUR SHUTUP", it's kind of funny but a bit irritating.
hahaha, dude there's actually a lot more young people on this board than people think. I'm 19 and I've been here for 3ish years, meaning I was probably the youngest consistent poster on the board for a year or two (xdylanx is a little older than me I think but still young, same with psr). We've got an interesting mix of people here, age group wise.

I think screamo has a lot of room to explore and experiment in while still staying kinda faithful to the sound. I feel like screamo has evolved a bit in the past bit, and hopefully keeps going in the direction of not-the-wave sound bc I don't like those bands bc they sound boring, and screamo shouldn't be boring.
Yeah there are tons of younger people on this board. Shit, I'm only 21. Some of these dudes are 30+ haha Age makes no difference though. Just don't act like a know it all and you'll be fine.
OH. Anyone here younger than me? I'm 18.

plasticsmilerecords

Post by plasticsmilerecords »

This kind of music should always have the dynamics, the chaotic instrumentation, and wild ass vocals. I'm not going to say who or what these bands should sound like because I don't want to sound like a pretentious douche because this is all subjective. No right or wrong. No offense guy from For Want Of. There's one more thing before I shut up, I wish more bands wrote lyrics that represented the times instead of the bullshit self loathing lyrics about why no one wants to touch their dick. We have the opportunity to share and spread messages about how we can change ourselves and the world for the better, so why waste time writing junk lyrics? Take advantage of being in front of a group of people who have no choice but to listen to you!!! That's just what I think though. I'm sure many of you will disagree and that's perfectly fine because we all have different views on everything.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

I can't really say anything that someone here hasn't already said above.

And, I am probably the youngest one on here. I am seventeen.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin