There are quite a lot of good bands out there right now..

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

neck_cannon

Re: There are quite a lot of good bands out there right now.

Post by neck_cannon »

Awesome thread. Good work CMHWAK, this is what it's all about. I would pin this thread if I knew how.

ifp

Post by ifp »

I saw EDHOCHULI for the first time last weekend. They fucking blew me away. Excellent musicanship, great song structure, super tight live.

http://edhochuli.bandcamp.com/releases

I had never heard of them before that show.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatjoekid

Post by thatjoekid »

ifp wrote: Woglake - The song writing seems nicely done. There are some very intense moments that use some good dynamics. But the recording quality makes it tough to enjoy fully
Thanks dude. We just re-recorded all of those songs. One of them should be up pretty soon. But, those were just demos anyway so I wasn't too concerned with the recording quality in all honesty. I just threw those up online so people knew we existed.

ifp

Post by ifp »

thatjoekid wrote:
ifp wrote: Woglake - The song writing seems nicely done. There are some very intense moments that use some good dynamics. But the recording quality makes it tough to enjoy fully
Thanks dude. We just re-recorded all of those songs. One of them should be up pretty soon. But, those were just demos anyway so I wasn't too concerned with the recording quality in all honesty. I just threw those up online so people knew we existed.
stoked to hear the new recordings!

E.C

Post by E.C »

imagine the flutter in my little heart when i saw DIRTDRINKER's name in the OP.

<3

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Posting to say that I love Mahria, Capacities, Carrion Spring, The Discord of a Forgotten Sketch, and Coma Regalia. Foxmoulder are from here and are always on their A game. There are tons of bands I'm forgetting, but I've been falling behind on this stuff. I just listened to Gas Up Yr Hearse yesterday and I loved it.

I implore everyone to check out Quone. Current and ex-members of Foxmoulder, Tell Tale Hearts, Brauer, Marla Singer, etc etc. This scene is quite inbred :lol:

http://thequonezone.bandcamp.com/
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

noisehead

Post by noisehead »

totally hooked on carrion spring now.
how near, how far, how lost they are

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

Kind of a bum out that none of these bands are good as the classics though. I'm waiting for that one screamo band that comes out that just fucking smashes it, the same way seeing means more did a few years ago. Raein / june paik and loma maybe, but they don't really count cos they've been around for so long.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

and in 1999 all the kids stood in line