There are quite a lot of good bands out there right now..

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

brianutatx

Re: There are quite a lot of good bands out there right now.

Post by brianutatx »

vavavampire wrote:Kind of a bum out that none of these bands are good as the classics though. I'm waiting for that one screamo band that comes out that just fucking smashes it, the same way seeing means more did a few years ago. Raein / june paik and loma maybe, but they don't really count cos they've been around for so long.
THIS GUY

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

Just wait until you hear Ken Burns ;)

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

neck_cannon wrote:and in 1999 all the kids stood in line
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

brianutatx wrote:
vavavampire wrote:Kind of a bum out that none of these bands are good as the classics though. I'm waiting for that one screamo band that comes out that just fucking smashes it, the same way seeing means more did a few years ago. Raein / june paik and loma maybe, but they don't really count cos they've been around for so long.
THIS GUY
What?

Phil

Post by Phil »

I found this last night. Supposedly members of The Gentle Art of Chokin' and Louise Cyphre. 12" coming out on RWP this summer. Really, really good.

http://delossucks.bandcamp.com/
brianutatx wrote:You are just a wiener rock apologist. Down with wiener rock occupation and down with Topshelf!

theironlotus

Post by theironlotus »

Phil wrote:I found this last night. Supposedly members of The Gentle Art of Chokin' and Louise Cyphre. 12" coming out on RWP this summer. Really, really good.

http://delossucks.bandcamp.com/
Yum.

Not going to check which have already been backed, since I'm sure almost all have already been listed, but I'll rec some anyways. Not all skram

Gillian Carter, Anne Hero, Daido Loori, Nakusa, We Came Out Like Tigers, Mahria, Lord Ugly, Lord Snow, Guidelines, Downpour, Greys, Todos Caeran, Ache Emelie, Ten Thousand Leagues, Crash of Rhinos, Mahria, Old Gray, Chalk Talk, Kudrow, Lich, Elvis Depressedly, Capacities, SLOTHS, B L A C K I E, Acidic Tree, For Want Of, Hop Along, Nouns, Tough Stuff, Systems...

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

brianutatx wrote:
THIS GUY
“Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.” - Homer Simpson

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

dearericiquit wrote:
brianutatx wrote:
THIS GUY
“Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.” - Homer Simpson
They plenty of good new hardcore bands around now, most of them just happen to be heavy ones like xibalba and harms way. Every sub genre has It's time.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

vavavampire wrote:
brianutatx wrote:
THIS GUY
They plenty of good new hardcore bands around now, most of them just happen to be heavy ones like xibalba and harms way. Every sub genre has It's time.
Just stop. I literally just slapped my forehead when I read the names Xibalba and Harms Way. You're either doing a great job of trolling me or have the dumbest opinions on hardcore.

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

Isolation by harms way is one of the hardest / heaviest records ever made, not trolling.

Seriously, are you gonna sit there and say you wouldn't mosh out to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7FK4kE4Osc