There are quite a lot of good bands out there right now..

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

pygmyprieta

Re: There are quite a lot of good bands out there right now.

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noisehead

Post by noisehead »

how near, how far, how lost they are

ifp

Post by ifp »

brianutatx wrote:
Just stop. I literally just slapped my forehead when I read the names Xibalba and Harms Way. You're either doing a great job of trolling me or have the dumbest opinions on hardcore.
I have friends who like both of these bands...but I have to admit it's strange to me that people find it appealing.

vavavampire wrote:Kind of a bum out that none of these bands are good as the classics though. I'm waiting for that one screamo band that comes out that just fucking smashes it, the same way seeing means more did a few years ago. Raein / june paik and loma maybe, but they don't really count cos they've been around for so long.
classics? smashes it? loma? dude, you've lost me. I was around to see most of the "classics" in 1997 and I have to say I would take a current band like Mahria or For Want Of over Usurp or Hassan any day of the week. I suppose that's just my opinion of being in the time and place, but seriously, there's some good current music out there.

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

My new band KEN BURNS played AS220 in Providence last night. Here's a recording of one of our songs if anyone's interested.

FFO: Raein / 90's emo-screamo ala Gravity or Ebullition Recs?

https://soundcloud.com/mikevanburen/02-ghosting

vavavampire

Post by vavavampire »

Just opinions innit.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

The Saddest Mike wrote:My new band KEN BURNS played AS220 in Providence last night. Here's a recording of one of our songs if anyone's interested.

Whoa this is rad. I can't wait to see y'all live this summer. Please have some songs on a physical format for me to purchase when I see you in August.

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

brianutatx wrote:
The Saddest Mike wrote:My new band KEN BURNS played AS220 in Providence last night. Here's a recording of one of our songs if anyone's interested.

Whoa this is rad. I can't wait to see y'all live this summer. Please have some songs on a physical format for me to purchase when I see you in August.
We're recording at Dead Air with Will Killingsworth on June 16th (I've recorded there before, he's so amazing to work with). I haven't sent away for tapes at (National Audio?) because 1) I'm broke and 2) I don't know how long our demo will be exactly, so hopefully by early July the demo tapes will be out. I'm so pumped on this project. Also, thank you Brian <3

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

brianutatx wrote:
vavavampire wrote:
They plenty of good new hardcore bands around now, most of them just happen to be heavy ones like xibalba and harms way. Every sub genre has It's time.
Just stop. I literally just slapped my forehead when I read the names Xibalba and Harms Way. You're either doing a great job of trolling me or have the dumbest opinions on hardcore.
been waiting for a good opportunity to post this image on here...

thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

kyeospeaks

Post by kyeospeaks »

i didn't write this post but it's convenient for me to use it now.

lemyisgod

Post by lemyisgod »

The Saddest Mike wrote:
brianutatx wrote:

We're recording at Dead Air with Will Killingsworth on June 16th (I've recorded there before, he's so amazing to work with). I haven't sent away for tapes at (National Audio?) because 1) I'm broke and 2) I don't know how long our demo will be exactly, so hopefully by early July the demo tapes will be out. I'm so pumped on this project. Also, thank you Brian <3
Wow this is really good.