Where do you work?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thatjoekid

Re: Where do you work?

Post by thatjoekid »

I work at a software development company. I have never taken a programming class in my life, nor have I studied it on my own. I have no idea how I got the job or how I still have it. I spend most of my days listening to podcasts and drinking coffee.

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

I just quit my job as a security guard. The company I worked for gets hired by movie studios and they send people like me to go watch the equipment when they aren't there. It was miserable. I got to hang out with Danny McBride though, super emo violence dude irl. I just got a job power-washing condos with one of my friends for the next six weeks, so that will be sweet
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

Venezuelan restaurant and I'm a barback/bus boy /food runner that makes $6/hour plus tips. On a bad week it's about $350 (tips + hourly) on a good week it's $450 or more. It's not bad. Unfortunately my job has no health care benefits but it pays decently and I have the opportunity to take time off if I ever want to go on tour. The biggest downside is I work Wednesday thru Saturday 4:30pm until 11pm (usually, sometimes earlier, sometimes later) in which case I miss most local shows that are happening. BUT, it pays pretty well so I can't really complain

dannzac

Post by dannzac »

I'm informally hired as an attendant for this photo booth company that does weddings and (mostly) college parties. Weddings are fucking annoying because I have to cater to every whim of drunk bridal parties and very finicky wedding planners, plus all of the other attendants don't take care of the equipment so I have to scramble around trying to fix shit. College parties are also annoying but I usually don't have to interact with anybody since there's usually club music playing.
I work with my best friend and get paid $.25/mi and $13 an hour (usually work 4 - 6 hours a weekend, sometimes twice a weekend but it's still very sporadic) and the person that hires me is super nice and says we're his highest rated employees so I tolerate it.

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

i sell drugs
one time!

O)))

Post by O))) »

I work on movie/tv sets at the craft.
Best job. I get paid mad money (even though I lose half of it in deductions) and if i's a small set I only really work 5 hours on 14. I also can drink as many lattes as I want and make myself awesome food when there's no caterer for the lunch.

saalt

Post by saalt »

Delivery driver these days. Get paid around 14-15 on average a day due to dope tips. Also get to blaze all day and listen to wfmu

ruffian

Post by ruffian »

I'm a chef in a nice restaurant. It's pretty rad all I do is cook food, flirt with waitresses and listen to Love Lost But Not Forgotten.
Life is good.
"dad, why are you wearing my funeral diner shirt"

ifp

Post by ifp »

I work as an IT Director at a graduate school. The department is small, so I often just listen to music, watch netflix and check out craigslist for amps/guitars. My boss is cool with me going on tour and for the most part the job is pretty low stress, unless a server crashes or some crazy shit like that. I get to do some web programming with the job and that's probably the coolest part of the actual work. Other than that....the short of it is just managing a Windows Active Directory network environment.

3 minute commute to work by car, 15 minute walking. It's in a college town with tons of good stuff to eat and a comic shop. This time of year is super slow, so I've been 1.5 hour bubble tea breaks.

enoughtostopaheart

Post by enoughtostopaheart »

I have recently been a subcontractor. Two different individuals that work for two different companies pay me to do the web design work they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, all of the work has to be confidential, so I can't put it on my resume or anything.