SCREAMO FAME

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

steven

Re: SCREAMO FAME

Post by steven »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
Phil wrote:Cris Ponitus (Jackass) was in Han-Shan.

A guitarist in Song of Zarathustra was in The Hold Steady I'm pretty sure.

And wasn't there something about a Kite Flying Society member being in Cobra Starship?
I heard Cobra Kai for Cobra Starship, but that might just be my memory associating two bands with Cobra in the name together

Also heard that The Used had somebody from Cobra Kai

also dude from Owl City likes Orchid, so that's kinda close to famous screamo ppl I guess
1. Tad from Lifter Puller joined Song Of Zarathustra as a second guitarist, and played on every track on "A View From High Tides". He quit the band abruptly (and I believe screwing them out of some booked shows by taking the van they were using) and moved to New York, and eventually started The Hold Steady

2. Guitarist from Kite Flying Society, Alex, is indeed in Cobra Starship.

3. Owl City douche used to drum in a shitty christian screamo band called An Embrace Of Angels, from Owatonna, MN. I had them open a few shows when I was in Mankato, MN that they asked to play and told them specifically not to preach the lord's bullshit.

4. I don't think anyone from Cobra Kai was in The Used.

Bentwreck

Post by Bentwreck »

Eric Wareheim was in a ton of emocore/protoskram bands. Check out I Am Heaven, it's awesome. He pulled guitar duty in that.

Edit: Saw someone posted a bit of their set, nice. He was in the earliest incarnation of Ink & Dagger (demo era) due to his ties with Frail (who were tight/shared members at points with Elements of Need). That bootleg live I&D record, "Live at *whatever Philly address*" was actually recorded in Eric's Mom's basement.

Slap de bass:

Additional note: Geoff Rickly was only in I&D in the last couple years when they "reunited." The vocalist died a number of years ago.
Gnarlin Gnartree wrote:Will Killingsworth and Jayson Green traveled to France and brought Screamo back with them. It was being oppressed by the French government.

contrastedrecords

Post by contrastedrecords »

Well for famous people in skramz:

1. Anthony Green was in Jeer at Rome, if they aren't skramz-ish then they are at least powerviolence, he's also screamed with people like touche amore (I know they aren't skramz but still)

2. Pete Wentz was in a shitty powerviolence group before FOB, and Patrick stump has played with weekend nachos

3. If anything else, there were other examples that were listed such as one guy in saetia going on to being a member of interpol.

4. Geoff rickly from thursday hosted the last show that both saetia and You and I played at as well as doing having the band do a split with Envy
Scribbling my fix, I can't keep track;
Dose to dose while I start to crack.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

Pete Wentz was in Arma Angelus which was metalcore- not at all powerviolence, but still dope (for what it was...)

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XingKing

Post by XingKing »

Have you guys ever seen any movies or tv shows with people wearing skramz shirts or having posters on their walls?

Air Lanstoned

Post by Air Lanstoned »

Rory Vangrol (Soul Control, Achilles) is an OG suburban skrammer. He was in Standfast from '98-'02. Polar Bear Club is (was) an Achilles side project.

steven

Post by steven »

contrastedrecords wrote: 3. If anything else, there were other examples that were listed such as one guy in saetia going on to being a member of interpol.
Greg Drudy, of Level Plane Records/Saetia/Hot Cross was the original drummer in Interpol when they started. He was actually in Saetia and Interpol at the same time. I believe he plays on the bands' first two EPS which came out after Greg left the band in 2000 and a couple years before their first Matador album came out.

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

oh yea this is another lame one that really doesn't count. but that stupid bish tumblrxcore rapper kitty pryde. she claims to have been a big fan of emo before going on to make incredibly bad hip-hop. i'm pretty sure she's just one of those dumb ass girls that dated a dude who liked emo and got into it though. i highly doubt she really has like a collection of 7'' or some shit. she has an interview on that stuff you will hate blog. too lazy to post a link. her and her bf at the time talk about her "love" for emo there. i seriously hate that idiot. please nobody post under me "hey but she's kinda hot though". cause she really isn't and even if she is kinda cute her stupidity makes that tiny bit of fuckability go away.
one time!

steven

Post by steven »

most of the people referenced here aren't famous.