SCREAMO FAME

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Corgi

Re: SCREAMO FAME

Post by Corgi »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
I agree with this. Hating music is kinda pointless.

//goes on to flame ska and modern power metal
~~this is my wombat smile~~

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

brokenbeat wrote:
steven wrote: I bet most of the people on this board don't own that Angel Hair 7" meaning you are posing skramz pretty hard. Just saying. Go Buy it.
:?:

i don't need or want that 7''. uh oh guess i'm poserrr.
Yes that's exactly what it means. Do you want a poserrr medal or something? You probably think Portraits of Past is crappy too...gett outta here. geez.

Joe

Post by Joe »

contrastedrecords wrote:Well for famous people in skramz:

1. Anthony Green was in Jeer at Rome, if they aren't skramz-ish then they are at least powerviolence, he's also screamed with people like touche amore (I know they aren't skramz but still)

Definitely not powerviolence. Metalcore, or something.

But to contribute:

"Sean of platinum-selling electro duo 3OH!3 reps the Orchid/Jeromes Dream skull split"

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

brianutatx wrote:
brokenbeat wrote:
steven wrote: I bet most of the people on this board don't own that Angel Hair 7" meaning you are posing skramz pretty hard. Just saying. Go Buy it.
:?:

Yes that's exactly what it means. Do you want a poserrr medal or something? You probably think Portraits of Past is crappy too...gett outta here. geez.

you're a fucking douche. why in the fuck would i think portraits of the past sucks? they sound nothing like angel hair. just because i don't like a band automatically make me a poser/little kid who cuts himself? really was that your idea of funny? you're lame as shit dude. "oh imma post a pic of some little kid cutting himself and tell him he should get a poser medal! i'm so clever and funny!" FYI you're neither of those things. good luck with your super elite status...you're lame.

oh and just another heads up even if i didn't like portraits of the past there isn't a set list of bands that makes you a fan of emo or not a fan of emo. next thing i know you'll be saying the khayembii communique sucks because they aren't cornerstone enough. pfft :roll:
Last edited by brokenbeat on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
one time!

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
brokenbeat wrote:^^ this dude steven seems to think not owning an angel hair 7'' is crucial to being "tr00". so yea i guess all is lost for your my dude :lol: . regarding kitty pryde (i knew someone would captain save a bitch her) watch her interview with nardwuar. if you are too lazy basically she looks stupid as shit in it for a number or reasons. yea she backed danny brown.. so what? she wouldn't even be on tour if it wasn't for him. i don't hate fun. i hate on her because she is a terrible artist. she gets attention for all the fucking wrong reasons. "she's cute and tiny she listened to 1905 cause her ex did" blah blah her live shows are awkward and her songs suck. why am i not surprised that there was a whole thread of hate on here? i shed a tear for cmhwak radio on that day. i bet she wouldn't do it again; cause she's over that PHASE in her life. i didn't say you had to have an extensive 7'' collection. i meant more like she probably doesn't own one record. its kinda weird to claim to love bands so much but not own anything tangible by any of them. i'm not hating i'm just stating an opinion. i could care less what you do. if you actually love emo you're a friend. i'm not on this board to be an elitist asshole/idiot who thinks not owning one stupid 7'' makes you some sort of "poser". much love my dude.

you might be judging her a bit 2 harshly based off of unjustified assumptions. also she just comes off as a chill teenage girl in that narduwar interview (no white knight). but it's chill dude, u do u.

back on topic, I heard somebody with the mishka streetwear brand used to be involved in screamo/hardcore. they used to carry a shirt with a 90s screamo flier on it or something. not super famous, but they have been makin a decent name for themselves in terms of fashion/streetwear.
cool trophy thanks. she's wearing a shirt of a punk band she doesn't listen to during the interview.. and i don't know the official rules but you can't call "no white knight".
one time!

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

thisguyisalright wrote:
brokenbeat wrote:i meant more like she probably doesn't own one record. its kinda weird to claim to love bands so much but not own anything tangible by any of them.
I don't own a single physical record by any band. I guess I just don't like music, because if I did I would own something that has nothing to do with my ability to listen to music. It was also pretty clear steven was being facetious.

yea i guess that's a valid argument. i just wanted to support the bands that i have been listening to for all these years. or just have something tangible from that bands existence. other than a hard drive full of stuff i love that could melt. not to mention vinyl is kind of a cornerstone of punk and emo(7'' especially). but like i already stated i don't give af what you own or don't own. if you actually listen to emo than you're a friend of mine.
one time!

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

i'd also like to point out that i respect steven. and i really didn't actually think he was being serious about the angel hair 7''. or at least i hope he wasn't.
one time!

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

maybe you should post a few more times in a row.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

brokenbeat wrote:
brianutatx wrote:
brokenbeat wrote:

you're a fucking douche. why in the fuck would i think portraits of the past sucks? they sound nothing like angel hair. just because i don't like a band automatically make me a poser/little kid who cuts himself? really was that your idea of funny? you're lame as shit dude. "oh imma post a pic of some little kid cutting himself and tell him he should get a poser medal! i'm so clever and funny!" FYI you're neither of those things. good luck with your super elite status...you're lame.

oh and just another heads up even if i didn't like portraits of the past there isn't a set list of bands that makes you a fan of emo or not a fan of emo. next thing i know you'll be saying the khayembii communique sucks because they aren't cornerstone enough. pfft :roll:
1st and foremost I'd like to state for the record that khayembii communique is amazing and one of my favorite screamo bands of all time.

Bro guy you need to learn how jokes work. See you said some silly stuff like "so I guess I'm a poserrr" and I responded saying you are a poser and then posted a silly picture of a poser emo kid. You didn't look very hard at the silly photo obviously, because you would have noticed how silly it is that a dude is pretending to cut himself by using ketchup as fake blood. Are you one of those people that just doesn't have a sense of humor at all? Why do you have to get all uppity and call me a douche. I think that was ill spirited and uncalled for, you're just a big ole meanie head. I'm not gonna stress to hard over someone like you though. I'll continue having a great time on this message board bro guy. You must feel really inferior or some shit if you feel as though I'm elite and feel the need to be condescending and defensive towards me. I like making jokes and that's about it, I guess you took that as elitism. Learn how to read between the lines bro guy, don't take everything at face value, and learn how to laugh every now and then. I think you'll be a happier bro guy for it.

steven

Post by steven »

brianutatx wrote:
1st and foremost I'd like to state for the record that khayembii communique is amazing and one of my favorite screamo bands of all time.