SCREAMO FAME

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

lemyisgod

Re: SCREAMO FAME

Post by lemyisgod »

steven wrote:
brianutatx wrote:
1st and foremost I'd like to state for the record that khayembii communique is amazing and one of my favorite screamo bands of all time.

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

brokenbeat wrote:oh yea this is another lame one that really doesn't count. but that stupid bish tumblrxcore rapper kitty pryde. she claims to have been a big fan of emo before going on to make incredibly bad hip-hop. i'm pretty sure she's just one of those dumb ass girls that dated a dude who liked emo and got into it though. i highly doubt she really has like a collection of 7'' or some shit. she has an interview on that stuff you will hate blog. too lazy to post a link. her and her bf at the time talk about her "love" for emo there. i seriously hate that idiot. please nobody post under me "hey but she's kinda hot though". cause she really isn't and even if she is kinda cute her stupidity makes that tiny bit of fuckability go away.
glad to know i'm not the only one who is horrendously annoyed by this girl!

"OMG YOU PUT ME ON THE SPOT, IDK I DON'T REALLY LISTEN TO SCREAMO ANYMORE" - kitty pride on CMHWAK radio, fully aware she is on a radio show that talks about skram.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

contrastedrecords

Post by contrastedrecords »

The only other person I can think of that nobody mentioned has been Jacob Bannon, that guy is in charge of Deathwish records, and think they've signed enough skramz bands at some point or another such as birds in row, Loma Prieta, Raein, etc. While Converge in itself wasn't skramz, you can definitely say the guy has also most likely toured with many older bands from the genre at least a few times.
Scribbling my fix, I can't keep track;
Dose to dose while I start to crack.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danfitforbattle

Post by danfitforbattle »

found out that will goldsmith from sunny day real estate was in foo fighters for a while. neat huh
don't sweat my skram

steven

Post by steven »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:And if we're going by people who are just Bannon levels of fame, then I know that the rapper P.O.S. is real into hardcore and one of his songs references The Nation of Ulysses, which is basically proto-skram. Also the drummer for Unearth used to play in Hassan I Sabbah, which is just kinda funny.
uhm... http://initrecords.net/details.php?id=108

didn't you guys wonder why init records put out a p.o.s/william elliott whitmore 7" ?

which, speaking of skram fame in this level, william elliott whitmore was the roadie for the vidablue/ten grand

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

the drummer from City of Caterpillar, Ryan Parrish, is/has been in Darkest Hour, Iron Reagan, and a bunch of other non-skram bands.

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

I think the drummer of Jeromes dream was in the virgins. And they played on letterman and other talk shows.
Not really super famous. But still pretty coool
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

Andy Hurley and Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy used to be in the 90s hardline (straight edge) band Racetraitor