Favorite non skram bands

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

klefmop

Re: Favorite non skram bands

Post by klefmop »

spermswamp
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

danfitforbattle

Post by danfitforbattle »

lots of taylor swift as of late, as a bonus her riffs are easy to learn for an aspiring guitarist such as myself
don't sweat my skram

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

Lately I've been listening to Whirr, Despise You, Das Oath, misc powerviolence and Dad Punchers a lot. Dad Punchers and Whirr are definitely two of my favorite bands.

Air Lanstoned

Post by Air Lanstoned »

neck_cannon wrote:I think my top two are these two...

HOOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3AI-5wTaKw

Boyracer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwjt0B-ZHw4

The rest that are super up there:
Commander Venus, Les Rallizes Denudes, Skullflower, Pedestrian Deposit, The Suicide Magnets, Kids of the Atomic Age, Light Light (California), Witchrist, and Blasphemophagher.

Commander Venus... You mah niggah. I'd let you push me down the stairs again any time.

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

Joe wrote:Thou, Cold Cave, Crossed Out, Dead in the Dirt, and Full of Hell are some current favorites.
Rudimentary Peni is probably my favorite band in general, though.
dude, cold cave is awesome. but prefer the stuff that influences a lot of his new wave sounding shit. like new order,depeche mode,soft cell etc. etc.

otherwise shocking pinks,speculator,j dilla, machinedrum(older shit),spaceghostpurrp,microstoria,truman peyote,weatherbox,mobius band,gangstarr,the reavers,fennesz,kyds vs columbus and that's just to list a small few. it'd be impossible for me to really answer this question. i listen to a ton of shit besides emo. but really at the end of the day i only listen to post-robot-pregalactic jew folk.
Last edited by brokenbeat on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
one time!

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

contrastedrecords wrote:
brianutatx wrote:
contrastedrecords wrote:Honestly I listen to so many different kinds of music that it would be pretty hard to decide, just a few. But really I like everything that's not chart pop or happy country music. Lately though I've been getting into blackgaze (good stuff)
Damn man. That was uncalled for
yea this guy is just to elite to give any fucks. he's in a band guys and they tour :o . so you know he's obviously much better than every single one of us in here.
one time!

brokenbeat

Post by brokenbeat »

neck_cannon wrote:
Boyracer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwjt0B-ZHw4

they are fucking awesome.
one time!

Joe

Post by Joe »

brokenbeat wrote:
Joe wrote:Thou, Cold Cave, Crossed Out, Dead in the Dirt, and Full of Hell are some current favorites.
Rudimentary Peni is probably my favorite band in general, though.
dude, cold cave is awesome. but prefer the stuff that influences a lot of his new wave sounding shit. like new order,depeche mode,soft cell etc. etc.

otherwise shocking pinks,speculator,j dilla, machinedrum(older shit),spaceghostpurrp,microstoria,truman peyote,weatherbox,mobius band,gangstarr,the reavers,fennesz,kyds vs columbus and that's just to list a small few. it'd be impossible for me to really answer this question. i listen to a ton of shit besides emo. but really at the end of the day i only listen to post-robot-pregalactic jew folk.
Lately I've actually been looking into some of his influences. I mean I've known bands like Joy Division for a while but I've recently started listing to New Order. I definitely need to get into more bands like this
Last edited by Joe on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruffian

Post by ruffian »

DEATH GRIPS!
"dad, why are you wearing my funeral diner shirt"