Favorite non skram bands

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

XingKing

Re: Favorite non skram bands

Post by XingKing »

My two favorite bands are Thrice and Fall of Efrafa. When not listening to skramz, I love me some math rock, post metal, and hardcore/crust. I really just like aggressive/complex/atmospheric things. Props for the Mars Volta, Whirr and the Protomen

contrastedrecords

Post by contrastedrecords »

yo contrastedrecords didn't mean to make you bummed. Your post immediately made think of what teens say when you ask them "what type of music do you listen to" and they answer "I like everything but country and rap" truth be told I probably said that when I was younger.[/quote]

No man it's fine, it was just the fact that I like some country, I only said I don't like HAPPY country. But regardless, it's fine. Plus I'll admit that answer was a total cop-out to post in the first place. I like plenty of different things although lately I've been getting into a lot of jazz, classical music and black metal. I find it interesting because those were genres I jusxt never thought about listening to as much as others.
Scribbling my fix, I can't keep track;
Dose to dose while I start to crack.

drzafs

Post by drzafs »

Big fan of late 90s early 2000s emo/pop rock/whatever. Shit like Jimmy Eat World, Saves the Day, Brand New, Thursday, The Early November, The Get Up Kids, early Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday etc.

chris_arf

Post by chris_arf »

country music all day

till death

Post by till death »

Some of my favorite non skram bands are Mock Orange, Nine Inch Nails, The Replacements, the Ramones.

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

This thread is neat, I've been looking for some new non skram bands to listen to. Lately I've been jamming

The Death Set
Lazerhawk
edIT
You Love Her Coz She's Dead
RiFF RAFF (slept on that dude until like 3 weeks ago)
mclusky
The Paper Chase
I've also had the new JT on my ipod since it came out, and that shit only holds 2GB.

jk i only listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4m95q6jVY

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retlawlliw

Post by retlawlliw »

right now the only non skram stuff i am jamming to is hop along, catharsis, coke bust, stresscase, hounds of hate, and the clean head ep by oceana (only good thing that band has ever released)
when i die 1,000 birds will fly from my mouth

pointpleasant

Post by pointpleasant »

modest mouse, xiu xiu, tim hecker, S(jenn from carissa´s wierd)

lemyisgod

Post by lemyisgod »

Boards of Canada and Roadside Monument are prob my most influential bands on alot of my song writing outside of skramz.