Favorite non skram bands

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

Air Lanstoned

Favorite non skram bands

Post by Air Lanstoned »

Not that anyone here listens to anything but tr00 skramo, but what are your favorite non-skram bands?

I'm a sucker for pre 2003 Alkaline Trio, pre 2004 Against Me, Jawbreaker, and Parenthetical Girls.

contrastedrecords

Re: Favorite non skram bands

Post by contrastedrecords »

Honestly I listen to so many different kinds of music that it would be pretty hard to decide, just a few. But really I like everything that's not chart pop or happy country music. Lately though I've been getting into blackgaze (good stuff)
Scribbling my fix, I can't keep track;
Dose to dose while I start to crack.

brianutatx

Post by brianutatx »

contrastedrecords wrote:Honestly I listen to so many different kinds of music that it would be pretty hard to decide, just a few. But really I like everything that's not chart pop or happy country music. Lately though I've been getting into blackgaze (good stuff)

Joe

Post by Joe »

Thou, Cold Cave, Crossed Out, Dead in the Dirt, and Full of Hell are some current favorites.
Rudimentary Peni is probably my favorite band in general, though.

neck_cannon

Post by neck_cannon »

I think my top two are these two...

HOOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3AI-5wTaKw

Boyracer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwjt0B-ZHw4

The rest that are super up there:
Commander Venus, Les Rallizes Denudes, Skullflower, Pedestrian Deposit, The Suicide Magnets, Kids of the Atomic Age, Light Light (California), Witchrist, and Blasphemophagher.

contrastedrecords

Post by contrastedrecords »

brianutatx wrote:
contrastedrecords wrote:Honestly I listen to so many different kinds of music that it would be pretty hard to decide, just a few. But really I like everything that's not chart pop or happy country music. Lately though I've been getting into blackgaze (good stuff)
Damn man. That was uncalled for, although I guess if I were to say a favorite non skramz band I'm into right now, it would most likely be something like Agalloch or Alcest
Scribbling my fix, I can't keep track;
Dose to dose while I start to crack.

O)))

Post by O))) »

Beside screamo I listen to a lot of drone, noise, avant-garde, post-rock, doom, free-jazz and I love post-hardcore from early and mid 2000's (I love Underoath and The Used, srsly).
The ones that I listen to the most would probably be Boris, OM, Sunn O))), anything from John Zorn (especially Masada and Cobra), Malajube, The Mars Volta, Carissa's Wierd, Agalloch (The Mantle is one of my favorite album to get high to), Burning Witch and Earth. I don't know, it varies a lot. There's some genre like free-jazz and noise that I enjoy a lot more live than on album (and the Montréal scene is amazing).

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

this on repeat and field recordings of the tundra

Corgi

Post by Corgi »

I can enjoy everything except modern power metal and ska. But I have this thing for really weird hipster black metal, undergroud hip hop and, believe it or not, I'm a diehard gorenoise fan. It's one of those genres that only noise artists can appreciate.
~~this is my wombat smile~~