Home recorded skramo.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

marcypark

Re: Home recorded skramo.

Post by marcypark »

Pete > You wrote:True skram is recorded on a basement, to capture the screamotions correctly.
and this was recorded at home

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjw1nzy3zwz

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

Some, if not all, of Die Emperor Die's stuff was recorded in the basement of a house.

lastcity

Post by lastcity »

Pete > You wrote:Some, if not all, of Die Emperor Die's stuff was recorded in the basement of a house.
Uhh... We don't have basements in Houston. Haha. Just sayin

But what I do to record is use my neighbors Rock Band mic. We get pretty good quality but also a lot of static

chris709scott

Post by chris709scott »

Yea the rock band mic is a pretty good fix for a quick recording. Most any band I was in before usually first recorded some rough tracks this way. Quality isn't great but honestly it rules since all you need to do is make sure everything sounds balanced before you hit record. Great way to get some demo tracks or something to throw on the myspace.

I've recently started recording bands with just vocal mics and an old mixer, mic out each instruments and the bass drum + snare and maybe hang one overhead the cymbals for extra balls and you get a pretty damn black metal recording out of it all.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

Pete > You wrote:True skram is recorded on a basement, to capture the screamotions correctly.
It's the first time we ever did home recording by the way (for CB that is)...it was such a skramifying experience indeed.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey