Funeral Diner "The Underdark" vinyl reissue.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

dez

Re: Funeral Diner "The Underdark" vinyl reissue.

Post by dez »

jordanswe wrote:Plenty of bands use kickstarter for pre-orders water u talking about?
Yes, Circle Takes The Square...

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

seriously don't understand how anyone can have an irrational hatred of kickstarter

phoenix_crush

Post by phoenix_crush »

thisguyisalright wrote:seriously don't understand how anyone can have an irrational hatred of kickstarter

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

phoenix_crush wrote:
thisguyisalright wrote:seriously don't understand how anyone can have an irrational hatred of kickstarter

jordanswe

Post by jordanswe »

pygmyprieta wrote:
jordanswe wrote:Plenty of bands use kickstarter for pre-orders water u talking about? Ppl who complain about crowdfunding smh
Regardless of how many bands are doing it, it's still just re-doing something from the past. It's not doing anything out of the ordinary or original, in my eyes it's "Reducing loss/increasing profits". Your risk is that not enough people will buy the record? I don't see how that is a kickstarter project.

"1. Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative projects."
I keep rereading what you wrote but I still can't figure out what your problem is, or rather why those are problems for you. Why do you care about Kickstarter's rules/how is this not creative/what's wrong with reducing losses (and even increasing profits although I can't remember if making money is skramz or not)/why does any of this matter to you vs. getting to own a record you like?

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jordanswe

Post by jordanswe »

Fair enough. I definitely don't feel like that's an issue but I don't really mind that you do at the end of the day.

E.C

Post by E.C »

kickstarter is lazy as fuck. it encourages entitled people to think that just because they had a good idea, they should get the money to do it. i feel like if people wanted the end results on their kickstarter pages, and crowdfunding wasn't an option, they'd haul ass in order to achieve their goals instead of asking for money to do it.

don't get me wrong - i love funeral diner, and the underdark is one of my favourite records of all time (srs) so this isn't an attack on those dudes, but you would think that a band with that level of respect in the DIY community could have asked labels/friends/bands about the idea of a re-press first. i'm sure most labels nowadays would be stoked to put that record out as a re-press. i just think kickstarter comes across as a very half-assed approach to music/creativity.

but at the end of the day, that's how you've chosen to do it, and it seems to be working out, so fuck me right?!

L...

Post by L... »

For me, there is no problem with this kickstarter as : 1. Prices are nice.
2. There are no 50 choices w/ 50 different prices and ultra-rare ultra-expensive stuff.
So I'm very happy to participate !

(And I think this label is a great idea, there's plenty of nice records that should be repressed...)

thisguyisalright

Post by thisguyisalright »

E.C wrote:because they had a good idea, they should get the money to do it.
What? That's how publishing in general has worked since long before Kickstarter was even a thing. Also why did "entitled" become that catch-all buzzword to mean "people I disagree with", this needs to stop