Funeral Diner "The Underdark" vinyl reissue.

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

sethrobertbabb

Funeral Diner "The Underdark" vinyl reissue.

Post by sethrobertbabb »

A friend and I are reissuing the underdark on vinyl and we have a kickstarter preorder thing to help press the record and start Repeater Records and hopefully reissue other out of print HC releases in the future. Thanks for looking!-Seth http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/893 ... yl-reissue

thebigmin

Re: Funeral Diner "The Underdark" vinyl reissue.

Post by thebigmin »

just picked up the $30 option, stoked!

E.C

Post by E.C »

smh @ kickstarter

sethrobertbabb

Post by sethrobertbabb »

What should we have done instead?

Off Cloud Nine Label

Post by Off Cloud Nine Label »

sethrobertbabb wrote:What should we have done instead?
A lot of people think punk bands and labels using kickstarter isn't the way to go about releasing something. Don't take it personally. It's just what some people believe.

Personally, I think it's cool that The Underdark is being re-issued. I just think it's weird that Funeral Diner and Alone Records released this almost 10 years ago without crowd funding and now this new label is depending on crowd funding to make this happen. Maybe if the label would've done a pre-order instead of kickstarter or something? Are y'all afraid to lose money by doing this without kickstarter? I would really like to hear more from your side. Again, I can't stress this enough...I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I'm just trying to understand.

sethrobertbabb

Post by sethrobertbabb »

When the Underdark was first released we were a functioning band with a functioning label. I have not been in a band or involved with a label in years and my friend and I thought it seemed like a useful thing to help us do a preorder and keep things organized since we are both terrible at promoting anything. That is all. I was honestly asking about what we could have done instead since I understand that there are frustrations with crowdfunding. I don't think this will change anyone's mind who disagrees with me but we are not going into this in bad faith and are just using kickstarter as a tool to make this happen.

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jordanswe

Post by jordanswe »

Plenty of bands use kickstarter for pre-orders water u talking about? Ppl who complain about crowdfunding smh

Also what am I supposed to do if I'm not in the US? Do I just pledge $23 instead of $15 and ignore that it says "Sorry, the reward you've selected ships within the US only. If you're in the US, click "In the US" below."?

sethrobertbabb

Post by sethrobertbabb »

Yes that is how it works for international shipping. Thanks for understanding!

pygmyprieta

Post by pygmyprieta »

Last edited by pygmyprieta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.