I have dreams

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

klefmop

Re: I have dreams

Post by klefmop »

I've never heard of of Montreal, but yeah they share a member.
I'm definitely going to try to get in contact somehow.
thebigmin wrote:Screamo Will Never Die

-thebigmin

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

klefmop wrote:I've never heard of of Montreal, but yeah they share a member.
I'm definitely going to try to get in contact somehow.

Don't bother. I've already hit them up.
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

god i love this band so fucking much

-thebigmin

chewing tinfoil

Post by chewing tinfoil »

to the guy who wants to press vinyl, get in touch. the members don't give af, but better to contact again to be sure.

IHD was really good AND crazy. there is a whole bunch of stories about the band (some fun, some sad (seizures on stage and having ambulances carrieng the bro out), some batshit crazy ("tallahassee sxe mafia" whatever stories about beating up frats at their houses with baseball bats) , etc) but attempts to make a booklet failed, so did the 7". it blows my mind these kids were 17/18. wit New Ethic (with Daniel who died during a tour accident), they were perhaps 16/17.

there was a demo tape + patch. would love see the patch + tape, but yeah, the members of the band don't give a fuck and rather don't like to talk about IHD for whatever reason.

there is a video somewhere where allen (of ihd/ankoas) mostly runs around and bother people, ankoas and ihd are interviewed in the video, don't remember the link but it 's highly entertaining.

one of the dumbest things i ever did was sell me i h d demo 3" to some dude here, who told me it was broken. asked him politely to send me just the cover (which got "lost".. right), and instead i sent him records and a refund. fuck man, never sell your I H D shit. because there's practically nothing.

the reunion (which was ankoas/ihd songs) reminds me why this band is fucked up in a cool way. nobody was allowed to "film or mosh". yet some people taped it, but never someone bother to put it online. i talked to some members online but the drummer was the most talkative but seemed rather jaded. others were when i asked if i could press vinyl, sell non profit, with a response like "yeah press the lp". like that. not even asking for a copy for himself. lol.

i'm still considering to get the front of the demo tattood, of the house covered in snow.

morphinglight

Post by morphinglight »

Anyone who can rip the 3" in FLAC or 320 kbps mp3?

klefmop

Post by klefmop »

yeah if the demo is any different than the 5 songs anyone has imma need to hear it.

band means 1,000,000,000x more to me now that my friend committed suicide on 5/3/16. got me through the month that followed that.

I don't think I've ever even heard of someone seeing the 3 days before Christmas tape being sold

-thebigmin

thebigmin

Post by thebigmin »

klefmop wrote:yeah if the demo is any different than the 5 songs anyone has imma need to hear it.

band means 1,000,000,000x more to me now that my friend committed suicide on 5/3/16. got me through the month that followed that.

I don't think I've ever even heard of someone seeing the 3 days before Christmas tape being sold

my friend andrew (andrewfuncrew, used to post here) got the tape off ebay in i think 2006.
He's offered to sell it for $200 i think.
Fuck i want it.

chewing tinfoil

the songs are the same as of the tape..

the full set is on my youtubez and some skramz kid who took it from there (and 'adjusted the sound/visuals" although i don't see a difference). i have the vhs tape of it, it's crappy footage on tape too but at least something. SPINKICK for skramz! drowningcore is your name Drew? the guy i got the tape from saw them and had some stories about them.. there's also tapes out there of them fooling around and attacking frat houses but i guess for obvious reasons that didn't got online. urban legend skramz.

wish that "interview at a hardcore show" stuff was online still though, these kids seemed to have lots of fun (and dicksucking, literally) for an emo band. most people i showed it too were like "fuck that shit" but it was highly entertaining.

one (clayton) plays in of montreal, the others were in some indie rock bands. uh don't know what else. seemed like the two dudes i talked to rather didn't discuss anything related to ankoas or ihd.

dunno, talked to the guy who designed the cd and who is a close friends of them, but he gave up replying about the release. he wanted to design it so.. x files skramz

chewing tinfoil

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

i wish myspace videos still workd
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music