Neon Genesis Evangelion

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

dearericiquit

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by dearericiquit »

there may or may not be evangelion references in some early capacities songs.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
JoshuatheNomad wrote:I'm watching Code Geass right now, which varies between incredibly interesting and immerse to incredibad high-school drama that makes me want to beat the crap out of animated Japanese girls. I'm planning on watching Eva once I get done with...Geass. Ugh.
lolololol you don't sound like you're very far in. stick with it, the ride gets hella bumpy in the second season. I marathoned both seasons within 1 weekend, waaaaay intense.

eva is great but if you don't watch the end of eva movie after you finish the tv series you aren't getting the most out of it.

is it time to revive the old FUCKING ANIME thread?
I'm on the second season...episode 15, I think. I have so many criticisms...

The Saddest Mike

Post by The Saddest Mike »

dearericiquit wrote:there may or may not be evangelion references in some early capacities songs.
I'm very surprised more bands have not referenced The Hedgehog Dilemma. I'm not trash talking in the slightest, and I think it's great that any bands reference this amazing series.

ShawnWBG

Post by ShawnWBG »

I know I'm really late to the NGE train but decided to start watching about a week ago and ended up marathoning through the last 11 episodes and EoE the other night. The ending was definitely strange but the character development was enough to keep the second half really exciting

saalt

Post by saalt »

if you play there is no neutral to end of evangelion it syncs up.

dearericiquit

Post by dearericiquit »

saalt wrote:if you play there is no neutral to end of evangelion it syncs up.
only the part where everyone turns into tang… also there are no nge references on that record.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

Finished this series last night, skipped Death/Rebirth since it was just a clip show.

Um...I don't even. I mean, I liked it, EoE was way better than the original last two episodes, but...lord.

josephturner

Post by josephturner »

The Saddest Mike wrote:
dearericiquit wrote:there may or may not be evangelion references in some early capacities songs.
I'm very surprised more bands have not referenced The Hedgehog Dilemma. I'm not trash talking in the slightest, and I think it's great that any bands reference this amazing series.
Almost named one of my bands Hedgehog's Dilemma but no one got the reference :(
Starting my Eva leg sleeve soon! Finishing up my Akira sleeve first.

ShawnWBG

Post by ShawnWBG »

Any other anime out there deemed CMHWAK-worthy? Finally watched Serial Experiments Lain and it fucked with me in the best way.

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

I'm assuming you've seen Cowboy Bebop. I'd recommend Baccano! and Trigun. I would not recommend Code: Geass.