are La Dispute fans just the Doctor Who fans of skramz?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

thebigmin

Re: are La Dispute fans just the Doctor Who fans of skramz?

Post by thebigmin »

xveronikax wrote:I'm really glad this post exists.

I've been out of the scene for something like a decade and am just now coming back to it and figuring out what's what and who's who and whatever. Had never heard of La Dispute before and was stoked Envy was in town playing a show...but they were opening for La Dispute. I checked out La Dispute prior to the show and genuinely liked what I heard (hate me). Their Pandora station played a bunch of hardcore bands I really liked too.

When I got to the show, there was a line out the door for La Dispute merch...and literally NO ONE in line for the Envy table. And it seemed like everyone that was there for La Dispute were immature 16 year old girls with blue hair or some shit. So then I started feeling kind of weird...like, is this what's happened to the screamo scene??

So, I was actually about to start a thread about wtf is up with La Dispute and their general fan base, but now I don't have to.
lmao lold hard this, welcome to cmhwak!

CharlieBronson

Post by CharlieBronson »

I've been out of the scene for something like a decade and am just now coming back to it and figuring out what's what and who's who and whatever. Had never heard of La Dispute before and was stoked Envy was in town playing a show...but they were opening for La Dispute. I checked out La Dispute prior to the show and genuinely liked what I heard (hate me). Their Pandora station played a bunch of hardcore bands I really liked too.

When I got to the show, there was a line out the door for La Dispute merch...and literally NO ONE in line for the Envy table. And it seemed like everyone that was there for La Dispute were immature 16 year old girls with blue hair or some shit. So then I started feeling kind of weird...like, is this what's happened to the screamo scene??

So, I was actually about to start a thread about wtf is up with La Dispute and their general fan base, but now I don't have to.
Actual Lolz.

Yeah but some of those blue hair grrls are kinda cute
CharlieBronson wrote: Things truly are sucklical in music

JoshuatheNomad

Post by JoshuatheNomad »

Thread topic is pretty hilarious to me. I kept up with Doctor Who until I got too fed up and angry with the writing. I kept up with La Dispute until I got too uninterested and involved with other music. They both have things about them that can easily be considered pretty cool, but have fanbases that are super annoying

Corgi

Post by Corgi »

CharlieBronson wrote:

Actual Lolz.

Yeah but some of those blue hair grrls are kinda cute
is being pedo skramz
~~this is my wombat smile~~