What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

loveinathens

What is your screamo origin story?

Post by loveinathens »

What got you into this whole mess of a microculture and how did it happen?

LeandroBR

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by LeandroBR »

I got bored from false screamo and accidentally found out about Tristan Tzara, changed my whole view of music
Fuck the pop culture.

Gnarlin Gnartree

Post by Gnarlin Gnartree »

I listened to a lot of Pig Destroyer, they had a split with Orchid, I loved how raw, fast, and chaotic it all was, so I checked out more and more and more.

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I liked a lot of weird, noisy bands like The Locust and Daughters, then someone showed me Ampere and I was hooked. From there, I began checking out various other bands from Funeral Diner to City of Caterpillar to Off Minor.

jt__

Post by jt__ »

One of my friends from High School was the drummer for Oriana Raeo and he introduced me to things post-hardcore could never do for me.
Signatures look gross on this forum

Eric

Post by Eric »

there was this band demmo that used to let us scream in the mic while they played even though they werent a screamy band at all. we started seeing means more that weekend

smfy

Post by smfy »

I'm not exactly certain but I think someone on soulseek chat recommended City of Caterpillar or Saetia or something in 2000-2001 when I was 13-14. It was exactly the type of music I had been looking for.

BROOTALPOODLE

Post by BROOTALPOODLE »

it was eighth grade, not sure what year that was, i'm going into senior year, you do the math. i wanted to know what screamo was so i used my bff google and i found i hate myself (even though they are more emo), pg. 99, and some one else i cant remember who, i listened to those bands religiously for about a year, then in high school, i met another fellow skramo-er who showed me saetia, orchid, jeromes dream, yano, the works
Last edited by BROOTALPOODLE on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I just want to change the way people look at music or maybe just destroy it in general.” -Justin Pearson

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

We became friends in late 2006(?) and you asked me to scream for Caitlyn Bailey and you guys force-fed me with Saetia, Orchid, and Spirit of Versailles. Playing them over and over again. I think I got conditioned somehow but I still don't like Spirit of Versailles. Things were nevar the same. I now enjoy my skramz. :lol:
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

music>alexisonfire/skreams>dgd/jonmess>spiritofversailles>awesome/skram