What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

CitizenOfUlysses

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

File-13

Post by File-13 »

CitizenOfUlysses wrote:
sleepyfalllove wrote:hardcore punk = black flag, some misfits, old AFI, etc. hardcore (genre) = gallows, bring me the horizon, some a day to remember, etc.
Are you...are you serious?

TROOOOLLLLLL

I don't know what a troll is... But he's pretty close to what I ment....

CitizenOfUlysses

Post by CitizenOfUlysses »

Last edited by CitizenOfUlysses on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

No way can that guy be serious.

The two of you are also posting from the same IP address. ;)

File-13

Post by File-13 »

probably because i used his computer :D

genres are subjective... But there are differences between the two, but I don't wanna get into it, this is about skramz not what is punk rock

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

You're both idiots.

tonyxvx

Post by tonyxvx »

sleepyfalllove wrote:hardcore punk = black flag, some misfits, old AFI, etc. hardcore (genre) = gallows, bring me the horizon, some a day to remember, etc.
File-13 wrote:But there are differences between the two, but I don't wanna get into it, this is about skramz not what is punk rock
:|
This has to be the same person. Or one has greatly influenced the other's stupidity. As much as I would love to rant about how shitty Deathcore is and how uninformed you and your group of like-minded, flippy haired, skinny jean'd friends are about music you listen to because Hot Topic tells you to that lead you to look up more obscure "Screamo" bands on the internet and upon your discovery of CTTS ended up finding this website, I shouldn't.

...whoops.

smfy

Post by smfy »

Did anyone else get a lot of shit from epitonic a long time ago? I remember that's what got me into antioch arrow, heroin and a few other bands if I remember correctly.

alexander

Post by alexander »

uhm didn't a lot of the posters on here say that they got into emo/screamo via bad mallcore bands? I'm assuming those are the same people that are ripping on those two new posters...

elitism in emo is so lol. I mean come on. it's emo. EMO. it's retarded enough as it is. we don't need elitism and pomposity to further enhance the experience.

smfy

Post by smfy »

alexander wrote:uhm didn't a lot of the posters on here say that they got into emo/screamo via bad mallcore bands? I'm assuming those are the same people that are ripping on those two new posters...

elitism in emo is so lol. I mean come on. it's emo. EMO. it's retarded enough as it is. we don't need elitism and pomposity to further enhance the experience.
Pomposity and elitism are the only reason these bands were heard of long enough for the newer mallcore kids to get into it. And I seriously mean THE ONLY reason.