What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

forzamadrid

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by forzamadrid »

loveinathens wrote:
forzamadrid wrote:It started with me in a forum called "Rakista".
Fuck that website and all the women in it. They will eat your soul.

you guys remember the chick there who flamed n00bs. :(
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

forzamadrid wrote:
loveinathens wrote:

you guys remember the chick there who flamed n00bs. :(
Which one? Bianca or Jonna? Bianca got prego a while back and now I'm going to be the godfather of her newborn skrambaby.

loveinathens

Post by loveinathens »

iKichigai wrote:
loveinathens wrote:
I think I know what this is about. It does ring a Belle..I mean bell. :lol:
Nope. That name doesn't register.

Pete > You

Post by Pete > You »

xJochemx wrote:Not sure, I guess it was this guy Tijs recommending me stuff on a Dutch forum called Nightwork. Pretty much a hardcore forum and I was into hardcore ONLY at that time. But I think on of the first things I really liked was Joshua Fit For Battle? Napster was awesome back then and Tijs and I spent ages on there downloading everything we could come up with. Back on the Nightwork forum Tijs gave me an insane list of bands. I wrote all of them down in tiny letters and downloaded every single one. :)
Can you get Tijs to come back, assuming it is the same Tijs I am thinking about?

Postscript: Nevermind, I saw he came back on his own in the other threads.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

ghostknifer wrote:My parents, who worked as C.I.A. agents were killed on a mission.
bitten by a radioactive screamo. Later, I discovered the screamo bite gave me an array of screamo-like powers, including: being able to cry at shows, the ability to outbid others on OOP Witching Hour records at the last second, being vegan, and an extrasensory "skram-sense".
win.

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

loveinathens wrote: Which one? Bianca or Jonna? Bianca got prego a while back and now I'm going to be the godfather of her newborn skrambaby.
Is this the Bianca M? I thought I saw her YM avatar with a pregger tummy..
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

iKichigai

Post by iKichigai »

buckytoole wrote:
ghostknifer wrote:My parents, who worked as C.I.A. agents were killed on a mission.
bitten by a radioactive screamo. Later, I discovered the screamo bite gave me an array of screamo-like powers, including: being able to cry at shows, the ability to outbid others on OOP Witching Hour records at the last second, being vegan, and an extrasensory "skram-sense".
win.
THE BEST story I've ever heard so far.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Jakey LIAF

Post by Jakey LIAF »

portrait. saetia soon followed, and then my first year of college i met danny, who was one of the original guitarists of i would etc. we became buddies and soon my christian metalcore (lol) band played a show with those guys. later on, i started attending a lot of shows that stephen (i would etc.) booked, and that exposed me a lot.
thebigmin wrote:with a skull split economy like we have right now, this is inevitable

not_vegan

Post by not_vegan »

I was about 13 or 14and went to my friends house to jam. I was really into punk and weird shit. His brother put on a CTTS record. This got me interested, looked more shit up on the internet and became a huge screamo nerd.

mediawhore

Post by mediawhore »

my story is kind of not special, well i was listening to the usual posthardcore/fagcore whatever stuff like bring me the horizon, thursday, from first to last, bullet for my valentine, escape the fate, well it kinda fated out and i got bored with it and tired and it got kinda repetitive.
well one of my buddys that i have writed with over msn, and he loved saetia and i asked what it was.
So i got the "a retrospective" CD'.
well listened to it a few times, but to start with i could't get into it.
So i leaved it for some time, but gave it another chance, so i was very angry at that moment and i took venus and bacchus, and jumped around in the room, and well since then i knew where my heart belongs : D