What is your screamo origin story?

Do whatever you want here. Anything goes. (EDIT: July 2020, board is back up and working!)

Moderators: klefmop, neck_cannon, Andrew, thebigmin, steven

iKichigai

Re: What is your screamo origin story?

Post by iKichigai »

File-13 wrote:
hardcore= bring me the horizon
Wait wat.
実存は本質に先立つ。
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey

Mother 3

Post by Mother 3 »

i was like 14 and listening to dashboard pretty much exclusively and i was talking to my older cousin and was like "i love emo music like dashboard" and he was like "that isn't emo this is emo" and played spirit of versailles and after that i was like "wow" now i'm here

exJohanx

Post by exJohanx »

Back in 2000, I was a huge fan of a local band called Malkovich. They played a decent Swing Kids-copy style, and I was blown away by the intensity. xJochemx and I met through the internet and went to a show together in Rotterdam, where Malkovich and Amanda Woodward were playing. xJochemx told me he'd bring some proper screamo so I could get acquainted with the music. He gave me Saetia's discography, Funeral Diner's split with Staircase and Racebannon's In the Grips of the Light. Save that last one, I loved the bands, the music and the passion. After that, hoarding Level-Plane, Nova, Eartwatersky and Robotic Empire records brought me most of the joy in my sad life.
A welcoming omen of beating hearts

http://www.myspace.com/terzijdehorde

forzamadrid

Post by forzamadrid »

I may sound too much like the douche bag I am, but I wouldn't have gotten into skramz if I wasn't sad and distraught during the time I first heard a skramz song.
literature as masturbatory paraphernalia.

ifiknewthenumbers

Post by ifiknewthenumbers »

I stumbled upon the song "Any Color I Want" by ...Who Calls So Loud?, and then I started using last.fm to find new artists, then primarily started collecting euro skramz for the longest time, but now I just listen to whatever, regardless of country.

FUCK YEAH EQUALITY
i vaguely recall being alone.

buckytoole

Post by buckytoole »

DAP wrote:i heard a band and i was like "what this sucks" and then later i was like "maybe it didn't suck" then even later i was like "yeah this owns"
this.

xJochemx

Post by xJochemx »

exJohanx wrote:Back in 2000, I was a huge fan of a local band called Malkovich. They played a decent Swing Kids-copy style, and I was blown away by the intensity. xJochemx and I met through the internet and went to a show together in Rotterdam, where Malkovich and Amanda Woodward were playing. xJochemx told me he'd bring some proper screamo so I could get acquainted with the music. He gave me Saetia's discography, Funeral Diner's split with Staircase and Racebannon's In the Grips of the Light. Save that last one, I loved the bands, the music and the passion. After that, hoarding Level-Plane, Nova, Eartwatersky and Robotic Empire records brought me most of the joy in my sad life.
Haha, damn dude! I didn't know I did that for you!?! :shock: :D And why the hell DON'T you love Racebannon? Or didn't you back then and have you evolved by now? :p Btw, they'll do a Euro tour in the beginning of 2011 according to a mail from James. A long wait, but hey, I've waited for years, so I'll live. Also, show-related, check out the black metal appreesh topic! :)

And yeah... Good times, Amanda Woodward... Awesome... And Malkovich... Fetch... Good times... :)